+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fans slowly being allowed back into grounds....

Fans slowly being allowed back into grounds....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/55010011

"A maximum of 4,000 fans are to be allowed at outdoor events in the lowest-risk areas when the national lockdown in England ends on 2 December, BBC Sport understands.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson is expected to make an announcement on the return of crowds later on Monday.

He will make a statement to the House of Commons, which MPs will vote on.

There will be no crowds allowed in the highest-risk areas under the new Covid-19 restrictions in England.

Elite sports has continued behind closed doors during England's four-week lockdown, while grassroots and amateur sport has been halted since 5 November."

Re: Fans slowly being allowed back into grounds....

Be interesting to see how much of England is in the lowest tier at the end of their lockdown (not much I reckon), and how each individual clubs new capacity is calculated.

Considering how packed shops are, pubs are, cafes are and restaurants are, how the tube is still OK to cram into; it's pretty baffling we're only at this stage now.

I would want the Canton back first simply because they get the atmosphere going, followed by the Ninian then the kids and lastly Tans stand.😀

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Considering how packed shops are, pubs are, cafes are and restaurants are, how the tube is still OK to cram into; it's pretty baffling we're only at this stage now.
    Which line? Been pretty quiet on the northern line.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I would want the Canton back first simply because they get the atmosphere going, followed by the Ninian then the kids and lastly Tans stand.😀
    At a guess I'd say you sit in the Canton Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    At a guess I'd say you sit in the Canton Stand
    Ninian.

At a guess, a thousand for each stand. Spread out, sat down, no singing, wear a mask. No away fans. Just in time for the Jacks at home. Quite how you choose 4k fans will be interesting. Lucky dip or electronic equivelant I suppose. At least it's a step in the right direction.