+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Skip hire / waste removal

Skip hire / waste removal

Any tips?

I have quite a bit of general crap to go, a mattress, a number of wooden items and a piano!!

I could get rid of a fair bit with multiple trips to the tip but would rather just get shot in one go if possible

Looking at skip websites is a nightmare, they just want you to sign up for a quote, and they don't take all items.

Is there a service that will take most stuff?

Does anyone do that on here?

Re: Skip hire / waste removal

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Any tips?

I have quite a bit of general crap to go, a mattress, a number of wooden items and a piano!!

I could get rid of a fair bit with multiple trips to the tip but would rather just get shot in one go if possible

Looking at skip websites is a nightmare, they just want you to sign up for a quote, and they don't take all items.

I've had to clear my dad's house out and can recommend a man with a van to take stuff to the tip, if that's any use.
    PM if you want his details.

Any tips?

just had to renovate a house and get rid of loads of rubbish I used smiths waste management 247 for skip if on road you need to pay for permit.

or

Skips are expensive because the waste materials in them generally are charged landfill tax at the rate of £94.15 per tonne. On top of that you have disposal charges by the licensed site operator and the cost of hiring the skip with transport. It's a very expensive business.

If a man and van is used checks have to be made to establish if he has a registration of carriers licence and questions should be asked about where the waste is going. Failure to do that is an offence. The reason for this is that people should only be employed with appropriate registrations and to ensure the waste is not fly tipped.

Far better to book a mobile skip (ie a lorry with 2 blokes who will fill the skip for you and then take it away) rather than a static skip which requires paying for a permit and doing the humping yourself. I have used Pontypool Skip Hire (now Full Circle Recycling of Cwmbran/Pontypool) twice. You pay for each cubic yard/metre they take. I think their biggest lorry is about 24 cu yd. They are also on Facebook.

https://fullcirclerecycling.co.uk/contact/index.html

StT.
    <><

Any tips?

Caerphilly skip hire.

council take 3 large items for £15 here in the vale.
    piano might be taking the piss though

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the costs include disposal.

I want to be able to clear all this stuff in one go.

Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Any tips?
    Underneath the CCS!

Caerphilly Skip Hire

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the costs include disposal.

I want to be able to clear all this stuff in one go.
    can you burn i the garden the wooden stuff?

Tipping fees are ridiculously high, as is the new restrictions on tip visits by car. The public should be encouraged to use the waste disposal sites or hire skips for a reasonable price not discouraged by high fees and ridiculous rules. Fly tipping is a curse but it’s more or less being encouraged by daft bureaucracy.

I'm a skip driver Mike, but Cardiff isn't really in my area to help you out.
    Couple of things that might help you - To avoid paying a permit have you got a drive or garden the skip could go on?
    If not, you could ask for a wait and fill. We offer this. Basically you've got half hour to fill the skip while the driver waits, so eliminates a return journey.
    Couple of firms you could try - Caerphilly Skip Hire, New Tredegar Skips, Taff.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Any tips?
    Underrated opening line 🙂