+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: This Brexit malarkey is going well

Re: This Brexit malarkey is going well

Thankfully the wetherspoons guy can't move his pubs to Europe otherwise we could tick off all the squares on brexiteer traitor bingo.

Tell you what lets blame everything on Brexit , Covid or Boris .

Wales has always been the number one pick in Europe for private industries and businessmen ,public health and educations , transportation infrastructures second to none .

I bet the world would live to buy in our commercial enterprise modelling , forward thinking business planning as we are are so far ahead of everyone its frightening .

The only failure and delusional thoughts are from the 20 years of poor governance and decision making ,outperforming public services in Wales .

Its not Brexit its poor management ,pity the folk of Wales cant see that ,even though the Brexit debate and vote got them all riled up ,lol , how sad

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Wales has always been the number one pick in Europe for private industries and businessmen ,public health and educations , transportation infrastructures second to none .

I bet the world would live to buy in our commercial enterprise modelling , forward thinking business planning as we are are so far ahead of everyone its frightening .

The only failure and delusional thoughts are from the 20 years of poor governance and decision making ,outperforming public services in Wales .

Its not Brexit its poor management ,pity the folk of Wales cant see that ,even though the Brexit debate and vote got them all riled up ,lol , how sad
    Ah, the familiar 'cat walking on the keyboard' implosion. I don't live in Wales and never have but this is obviously a decision made because of a number of factors which are all caused by or heavily influenced by Brexit.

"The site's location on the French-German border, only 200km from Stuttgart, gives excellent access to supply chains, automotive talent and target markets."

Hmm I wonder what major event coming up might affect supply chain and distribution??? Can't put my finger on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Ah, the familiar 'cat walking on the keyboard' implosion. I don't live in Wales and never have but this is obviously a decision made because of a number of factors which are all caused by or heavily influenced by Brexit.
    I have lived and breathed Wales all my life , love the City and surrounding area , only trouble with it on any subject matter its always someones else's fault

Yeah, must have been a really difficult decision whether to place your factory in a market of 600 million or 60 million people.

"The site's location on the French-German border, only 200km from Stuttgart, gives excellent access to supply chains, automotive talent and target markets."

Hmm I wonder what major event coming up might affect supply chain and distribution??? Can't put my finger on it.
    And remember its a fully built plant , where as Bridgend would need investments and builds , have decent viable access routes in and out , subsidy check was bigger .

Not wanting to state the obvious if you can save some millions as a businessmen man surely you do Brexit or no Brexit and reverse any decision you wish to make on a site structures , purchase, price , best new business subsidy/support package .

Probably at the time the Welsh Government financial support structure was the better , now it not as its simply been out bid or WAG fell sleep at the wheel , who knows ?

That doesn't stop these people having a few on out of Europe being better as a nation it may not fits his or Dyson's model though , they are talking about the UK in general , in as much we accuse them of double standards one cant help think we blame every decision on bad Tories or Brexit .

Maybe Wales should have had a better / sharper enterprise plan to attract businesses well before Brexit , instead of relying on Euro handouts , moaning about others all through these decades sitting back on the public sector jobs .

Hey they could even do what they want the Boris Government to do in England and tax the rich more as they have that power now o, or even attack those fortunate to own a second home tax in wales via the LTT system surcharge l, increase Rateable values of properties over 750k , charge for prescriptions of the wealthy , reduce corporation tax to attract businesses ,etc etc etc ??

Nah rather blame some else and moan and do nothing as its someones else fault , devolved responsibility my arse

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    Yeah, must have been a really difficult decision whether to place your factory in a market of 600 million or 60 million people.
    Yeah, but Jim Radcliffe was seemingly happy with permits to get into Kent days of delays at lorry parks and ports for their just in time component supply chains. It was the Brynglas tunnel they couldn't cope with. What don't you get?

And remember its a fully built plant , where as Bridgend would need investments and builds , have decent viable access routes in and out , subsidy check was bigger .

Not wanting to state the obvious if you can save some millions as a businessmen man surely you do Brexit or no Brexit and reverse any decision you wish to make on a site structures , purchase, price , best new business subsidy/support package .

Probably at the time the Welsh Government financial support structure was the better , now it not as its simply been out bid or WAG fell sleep at the wheel , who knows ?

That doesn't stop these people having a few on out of Europe being better as a nation it may not fits his or Dyson's model though , they are talking about the UK in general , in as much we accuse them of double standards one cant help think we blame every decision on bad Tories or Brexit .

Maybe Wales should have had a better / sharper enterprise plan to attract businesses well before Brexit , instead of relying on Euro handouts , moaning about others all through these decades sitting back on the public sector jobs .

Hey they could even do what they want the Boris Government to do in England and tax the rich more as they have that power now o, or even attack those fortunate to own a second home tax in wales via the LTT system surcharge l, increase Rateable values of properties over 750k , charge for prescriptions of the wealthy , reduce corporation tax to attract businesses ,etc etc etc ??

Nah rather blame some else and moan and do nothing as its someones else fault , devolved responsibility my arse
    I couldn't make sense of most of that, but thanks for pointing out 'the obvious' that the UK government couldn't raise taxes until we left the EU. I never knew UK tax policy was decided in Brussels... I wonder if Phil Collins realised that when he threatened (!) to emigrate to Europe if a Labour government was elected?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I couldn't make sense of most of that, but thanks for pointing out 'the obvious' that the UK government couldn't raise taxes until we left the EU. I never knew UK tax policy was decided in Brussels... I wonder if Phil Collins realised that when he threatened (!) to emigrate to Europe if a Labour government was elected?
    Move to Wales its lovely

Move to Wales make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Yeah, but Jim Radcliffe was seemingly happy with permits to get into Kent days of delays at lorry parks and ports for their just in time component supply chains. It was the Brynglas tunnel they couldn't cope with. What don't you get?
    Yeh bloody tunnels , 20 years of congestion .

I have lived and breathed Wales all my life , love the City and surrounding area , only trouble with it on any subject matter its always someones else's fault
    So are you blaming yourself for Ineos not putting their production in bridgend?

Yeh bloody tunnels , 20 years of congestion .
    The tunnels predated the Act of Devolution by 30 years. I guess there was free-flowing traffic until the Assembly was formed. Amazingly though in those 20 years the Irish economy has boomed even though massive amounts of their imports and exports travel through crumbling Welsh infrastructure. A question to an Irish haulier from Cork or Tipperary whether the Brynglas tunnel or the Channel Tunnel is their biggest problem in 2021 might solve the riddle you are grappling with.

The tunnels predated the Act of Devolution by 30 years. I guess there was free-flowing traffic until the Assembly was formed. Amazingly though in those 20 years the Irish economy has boomed even though massive amounts of their imports and exports travel through crumbling Welsh infrastructure. A question to an Irish haulier from Cork or Tipperary whether the Brynglas tunnel or the Channel Tunnel is their biggest problem in 2021 might solve the riddle you are grappling with.
    I'm not grappling with anything I do know that many logistical companies were put off using Wales because of its very poor transport infrastructure and bridge tolls and settled their depots just off the tunnels and the bridge in England, measuring Eire with Wales is not the same in my humble view , we had a huge opportunity to better reach England and its parts via North , Mid and South Wales, sadly we never had a plan or a vision .

Labour has had 20 years to get a grip .

I'm not grappling with anything I do know that many logistical companies were put off using Wales because of its very poor transport infrastructure and bridge tolls and settled their depots just off the tunnels and the bridge in England, measuring Eire with Wales is not the same in my humble view , we had a huge opportunity to better reach England and its parts via North , Mid and South Wales, sadly we never had a plan or a vision .

Labour has had 20 years to get a grip .
    Who would have thought that the simple observation that significant amounts of Irish freight that has fuelled its expanding economy travels through the road networks that you think stifled Ineos investment would cause so much confusion for you.

Who would have thought that the simple observation that significant amounts of Irish freight that has fuelled its expanding economy travels through the road networks that you think stifled Ineos investment would cause so much confusion for you.
    The same Eire that needed 7 billion from UK treasury during the last recession . Such a success.

interesting discussion on r5 at the moment.
    apparently the government has only secured enough permits for 1 In 4 UK haulage firms to be able to pass into the EU.
    so in the event of no deal, up to 75% of the industry could be going to the wall very quickly.

disappointing that the first electric battery gigabyte manufacturing plant will now be located in the north east of england

i bet Nissan up in Sunderland had a say in this . Great news for the UK car industry but not for South Wales obviously with the vale of Glamorgan losing out

Jaguar Land Rover ramping up production in electric vehicles have announced plans to hire over 300 apprentices and under graduates in there Midland factories next year

All this with the threat of a no deal !

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...cides-19438695

Brexit voting morons

Get used to the pain , you are getting it big time

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Brexit voting morons

Time for a rerun of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RFANVY5Zls

Another sad loss but not due to Brexit

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55262400

An electric battery "gigafactory" which had been planned for Wales will instead be built in the north of England.

Britishvolt signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the Welsh Government in July to build the plant in St Athan, Vale of Glamorgan.

However, the 3,000-job factory will be built in Blyth, Northumberland, after Britishvolt said it would not invest in Wales earlier this month.

The Welsh Government said the news was disappointing.

See where this is going better deal , better access etc etc it didn't have to be like this if the last 20 years had been more enterprising in Wales i'm sure its someones else fault though

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post

I don't always agree with Marina Hyde, but she has a way with words that leaves all others in her wake. Brilliant!

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-england-dover

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Brexit voting morons

Including the Welsh voters and thousands of Labour voters in the North .

Created by the Tories backed by many .

Brexit is a strange emotional subject that has changed politics for ever .

There will be pain, but we will recover I'm sure , who knows as none of us really do, it could be for the better only time will tell .