Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
Positivity may be healthy but delusional jingoism is not.

Do you know what you mean by 'commercial gateway to Asia' or is it just words rehashed from something you read in the Express? I am genuinely interested to know what role Singapore might play in future UK exports if not just as one part of a straight trading deal. Do you mean that the UK might not need to race for trade deals with all the other Asian countries that we currently trade with through the EU? That the city state of Singapore might act as an Asian agent for UK plc? Do tell.

I am also interested in your claim about avocados. Not about what you put on your toast (!) but the 'secondary European supply market'. I am no expert, but I understood that most avocados sold in the UK came direct by ship from Israel (and the occupied West Bank). Are you saying that they are unladed and moved to a European warehouse, and left for a while before being reloaded and delivered to the UK - adding time and cost to the transaction? Where did you get that gem from?

You have spent the last 4 years rubbishing the EU and repeating Brexit bullshit, and yet you claim to have voted Remain? Why?
Never paid a lot of attention to its details and mechanisms voted very naively listen to project remain however over the last 4 years we have all learned so mcuh more about Europe and its workings so bit like your that chap Corbyn who you supported felt it was a very top heavy Federalist society I have become a leaver and would vote so if asked again , I suppose we need to thank Corbyn for that at least his apathy with supporting the remain vote ,how ironic Brexit /Boris useful vote winner .