Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
And remember its a fully built plant , where as Bridgend would need investments and builds , have decent viable access routes in and out , subsidy check was bigger .

Not wanting to state the obvious if you can save some millions as a businessmen man surely you do Brexit or no Brexit and reverse any decision you wish to make on a site structures , purchase, price , best new business subsidy/support package .

Probably at the time the Welsh Government financial support structure was the better , now it not as its simply been out bid or WAG fell sleep at the wheel , who knows ?

That doesn't stop these people having a few on out of Europe being better as a nation it may not fits his or Dyson's model though , they are talking about the UK in general , in as much we accuse them of double standards one cant help think we blame every decision on bad Tories or Brexit .

Maybe Wales should have had a better / sharper enterprise plan to attract businesses well before Brexit , instead of relying on Euro handouts , moaning about others all through these decades sitting back on the public sector jobs .

Hey they could even do what they want the Boris Government to do in England and tax the rich more as they have that power now o, or even attack those fortunate to own a second home tax in wales via the LTT system surcharge l, increase Rateable values of properties over 750k , charge for prescriptions of the wealthy , reduce corporation tax to attract businesses ,etc etc etc ??

Nah rather blame some else and moan and do nothing as its someones else fault , devolved responsibility my arse
I couldn't make sense of most of that, but thanks for pointing out 'the obvious' that the UK government couldn't raise taxes until we left the EU. I never knew UK tax policy was decided in Brussels... I wonder if Phil Collins realised that when he threatened (!) to emigrate to Europe if a Labour government was elected?