+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: This Brexit malarkey is going well

Re: This Brexit malarkey is going well

Deal done , think he may have won a few political PR victories.

Free fishing water in the years ?

Devil will be in the detail .

Arbitration body will be independent which is positive.

A deal is better for everyone I guess .

Still has to get past two parliamentary votes .

If its a zero tariff /quoter trade deal, then in itself is a historic deal .

He did get Brexit done I guess in some shape or form .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Deal done , think he may have won a few political PR victories.

Free fishing water in the years ?

Devil will be in the detail .

Arbitration body will be independent which is positive.

A deal is better for everyone I guess .

Still has to get past two parliamentary votes .

If its a zero tariff /quoter trade deal, then in itself is a historic deal .

He did get Brexit done I guess in some shape or form .
    Most of this is a rounding error. Nothing on services or financial passporting which is pretty much all that mattered. Anybody who even mentions fishing when discussing Brexit is missing the point.

Dear Angela

I know that you were a bit worried about your car industry, so how about we give you tariff free access while f*cking our services industry up the arse.

Oh, and we'll throw in £45 billion to sweeten the deal.

In return you let me play the hard man about fish and try your best not to laugh while I tell people over here how I ran rings around you in the negotiations.

Yours,,

Boris

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    Dear Angela

I am an upper crust inbred toff retard with the hair of an albino fox
    Yours,,

Boris
    fixed

There are some 'teething problems' apparently.

The arseholes are still trying to lie their way out of this.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1787270.html

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Most of this is a rounding error. Nothing on services or financial passporting which is pretty much all that mattered. Anybody who even mentions fishing when discussing Brexit is missing the point.
    After a lot of polling it seems the fish are a lot happier since Brexit , as the feel more British now , bit off the scale but I'm hooked .

After a lot of polling it seems the fish are a lot happier since Brexit , as the feel more British now , bit off the scale but I'm hooked .
    something smells a little fishy about that post

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    something smells a little fishy about that post
    You cod a laugh at all this.

you might think you are brill but you will flounder this isn't the plaice to air your sole. don't be a sprat

you might think you are brill but you will flounder this isn't the plaice to air your sole. don't be a sprat
    Its a load of load of Pollack wont catch me Pouting or Car -ping on

Its a load of load of Pollack wont catch me Pouting or Car -ping on
    i can't think of any more, i don't fish

i can't think of any more, i don't fish
    Fun while it lasted 👍

another piece of good new for the economy post brexit and for Cardiff too

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56496888

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    another piece of good new for the economy post brexit and for Cardiff too

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56496888
    There are some great opportunities out there in science, medicine , environment and new technologies , all of which we have the skills sets to support that growth .

We need to catch up with England and get some freeports working as they can help regenerate deprived areas.

the good news keeps coming and coming for manufacturing in the UK

a major investment at Meritor in Cwmbran fueled by green energy

https://www.commercialmotor.com/news...eritor-cwmbran

JCB and Lotus announce major recruitment drives

https://www.pesmedia.com/jcb-recruit...rive-19032021/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-55801445

green shoots of recovery hopefully in the manufacturing sector

the good news keeps coming and coming for manufacturing in the UK

a major investment at Meritor in Cwmbran fueled by green energy

https://www.commercialmotor.com/news...eritor-cwmbran

JCB and Lotus announce major recruitment drives

https://www.pesmedia.com/jcb-recruit...rive-19032021/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-55801445

green shoots of recovery hopefully in the manufacturing sector
    Just slightly selective reporting from you there. Hardly replacing the billions lost because of Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Just slightly selective reporting from you there. Hardly replacing the billions lost because of Brexit
    Should be close to breaking even in about 50 years time though.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    thought it fitted in line with my chain of thought considering we were told we were going to lose all our manufacturing base back in 2016 because of Brexit . In fact the manufacturing sector in many cases expect to grow especially if get over covid . Of course there will be winners and losers but at least I thought i'd share some good news god we need it after a year we've had

thought it fitted in line with my chain of thought considering we were told we were going to lose all our manufacturing base back in 2016 because of Brexit . In fact the manufacturing sector in many cases expect to grow especially if get over covid . Of course there will be winners and losers but at least I thought i'd share some good news god we need it after a year we've had
    I'm still waiting for the pound to crash , empty supermarket shelves, mass unemployment, shortages of drugs (oh hang on) ?

Long way to go yet before we know its impact

https://www.politico.eu/article/brexit-uk-trade-investment-protection-eu-competition-rule-of-law-courts/

of course will take another 10 years before we feel the real impact whether it was worth it or not but in the mean time I get cheesed off when people pick up any bad economic news and point it at Brexit

we are stuck with it whatever way you voted lets get on with it and try to make it a success . Shame Trump was ousted by the dark forces of the world he was sticking his neck out to bring manufacturing back to USA . If he got another 4 years there manufacturing economy would have boomed and we would have followed suit . China wins unfortunately keeping a stranglehold on growth in the world

of course will take another 10 years before we feel the real impact whether it was worth it or not but in the mean time I get cheesed off when people pick up any bad economic news and point it at Brexit

we are stuck with it whatever way you voted lets get on with it and try to make it a success . Shame Trump was ousted by the dark forces of the world he was sticking his neck out to bring manufacturing back to USA . If he got another 4 years there manufacturing economy would have boomed and we would have followed suit . China wins unfortunately keeping a stranglehold on growth in the world
    By "dark forces of the world" I presume you mean the US electorate who cast 7 million more votes for his opponent or the Electoral College that handed him a defeat by 74 electors. Unless you have evidence of the work of "dark forces" that hasn't been ridiculed by provable fact or in a court of law.

Everyone indulges in wishful thinking if the party or cause they voted for failed to win. It is also legitimate to highlight the consequences of that vote just as it's fine to big up its perceived successes without either side needing to get "cheesed off"!

Yeah he was really going to hit his stride on Jan 21st after 4 years of doing zip, wasn't he? So unfair, so unfair.

And the UK just needed that to happen to turn everything around. Slim margins, eh?

Good grief!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ritable-status

Leave campaigners have begun raising funds to open a Museum of Brexit after the long-awaited project was granted charitable status.

The trustees are seeking to generate £400,000 to buy a home for the museum – possibly in a pro-Brexit town such as Dudley in the West Midlands – plus another £250,000 to set up the institution and a strategic financial reserve of £350,000.

The project is being championed by prominent Brexiters who say they want to set up an institution that will tell the story of Britain’s departure from the EU “before items and stories get lost”.

Although all those involved in the project are keen Brexit supporters and the museum has had no public endorsements from pro-Europeans, the trustees said they were only able to secure charitable status by persuading the Charity Commission that it would be neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Good grief!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ritable-status

Leave campaigners have begun raising funds to open a Museum of Brexit after the long-awaited project was granted charitable status.

The trustees are seeking to generate £400,000 to buy a home for the museum – possibly in a pro-Brexit town such as Dudley in the West Midlands – plus another £250,000 to set up the institution and a strategic financial reserve of £350,000.

The project is being championed by prominent Brexiters who say they want to set up an institution that will tell the story of Britain’s departure from the EU “before items and stories get lost”.

Although all those involved in the project are keen Brexit supporters and the museum has had no public endorsements from pro-Europeans, the trustees said they were only able to secure charitable status by persuading the Charity Commission that it would be neutral.

I can think of a few people that would be good door bouncers