+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone wish this board had a 'like' button?

Anyone wish this board had a 'like' button?

With it being so common now on social media, there are times when I look for such a thing on here!

International

Re: Anyone wish this board had a 'like' button?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    With it being so common now on social media, there are times when I look for such a thing on here!
    Hate them. It's a lazy way of trying to agree with or support something like ' ^^this '

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Hate them. It's a lazy way of trying to agree with or support something like ' ^^this '
    On the flip side of the coin are precisely those messages!

A like button would be a sensible addition to the board. It's a good way of showing you agree with a post. Without it we get people posting to say they agree with some one but add nothing more to the thread. A like button would be a better way of doing this, so posts could be self limiting to something that actually adds to the conversation.

Yes it is easy to just click a button but I think that discourages input by an already decreasing list of contributors.

I can see why one might want to see thumbs up and thumbs down features, especially stattos such as your good self Eric but I question its value.
    Hasn't this already been mentioned and wasn't it thrown out, a reason offered up to do with cost of maintaining a more star spangled site?
    (I may have dreamt this!)

Personally I like to see words and prefer a ^^this^^ or a
    Of course there's an "I agree with this" that could be used or even "Like" / "Dislike" and I'd hate to see the demise of the old "that's absolute bollocks!"

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Yes it is easy to just click a button but I think that discourages input by an already decreasing list of contributors.

I can see why one might want to see thumbs up and thumbs down features, especially stattos such as your good self Eric but I question its value.
    Hasn't this already been mentioned and wasn't it thrown out, a reason offered up to do with cost of maintaining a more star spangled site?
    (I may have dreamt this!)

Personally I like to see words and prefer a ^^this^^ or a
    Of course there's an "I agree with this" that could be used or even "Like" / "Dislike" and I'd hate to see the demise of the old "that's absolute bollocks!"
    Yes, there's something more satisfying about describing something as a load of bollocks!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    ^^this

International

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    A like button would be a sensible addition to the board. It's a good way of showing you agree with a post. Without it we get people posting to say they agree with some one but add nothing more to the thread. A like button would be a better way of doing this, so posts could be self limiting to something that actually adds to the conversation.
    So you could have used it instead of typing that?

International

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    ^^this
    lmao

We've got the five star system, but that seems pointless when you get threads with no replies and six reads having five stars

I use the like buttons sometimes when I'm on another City board, but I've got no strong feelings about their use either way - I've no problem with a simple "agreed" if you like a post, after all how much time out of your life do you lose by not being able to hit a like button?

A hard no for me. It’s not a popularity contest. My kids used to get so excited by the number of likes they got on social media... almost saw them as badges of honour which drove me nuts 🤣... they’ve now almost flipped the other way and have deleted most of those apps.

I just use the thump up emoji. I used to live under a strict no emoji rule. But then I decided to lighten up. Life is too short.

I'd probably use one and/or a dislike / downvote one if it was there

what i really dont understand is the "thumbs up/thumbs down" thing on live text on BBC Sport. Who on god's earth bothers voting up or down something like tuffers commenting on a maiden over? Turns out - hundreds of people do.

Board doesn’t seem to have the option anyway for a like button.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I just use the thump up emoji. I used to live under a strict no emoji rule. But then I decided to lighten up. Life is too short.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We've got the five star system, but that seems pointless when you get threads with no replies and six reads having five stars
    No idea what the star system means, nor how to use it

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    No idea what the star system means, nor how to use it
    5 star - excellent
    4 star - petrol
    3 star - Samsung
    2 star - transatlantic yacht race
    1 star - Christmas
    0 star - cloudy night

International

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Board doesn’t seem to have the option anyway for a like button.
    ^^^ like.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    A hard no for me. It’s not a popularity contest. My kids used to get so excited by the number of likes they got on social media... almost saw them as badges of honour which drove me nuts 🤣... they’ve now almost flipped the other way and have deleted most of those apps.
    I had almost 1000 likes for a tweet earlier this year. It's the highlight of my social media experience.