+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: "Performances have been excellent recently"

"Performances have been excellent recently"

Re: "Performances have been excellent recently"

Little bit of hyperbole from Harris there. Fact is, both Bristol and Millwall did a job on us. Down to Harris to get our tactics right and players performing.

Which he can do by bringing in Benkovic or even Bamba to replace either Mozzer or Nelson. Too many early goals conceded by mistakes from our centre backs. Also, put Bacuna back in midfield and try Bagan, maybe Benkovic or Cunningham (supposedly fit) at right back.

I wouldn't go as far as excellent, but we've been worth a lot more than 6 points from the last 6 games.

Bournemouth outplayed us and we were lucky to get anything from that game, every game since we probably could have done better

Seriously?

The last 15 mins against Millwall was a bit better, but how anyone can say that performances have been 'excellent' is just beyond me.

I can think of lots of ways to describe the performances but none of them are anywhere NEAR excellent - this is truly worrying if this is Harris' idea of 'excellent'

With some l better luck we could have won both games, in particular the Millwall games , watched it again and we had so many chances a great save by the keeper at the death

Excellent means winning ten from twelve, with two draws. That's excellent.

"I don’t think you can reassure fans, not in the modern society. It’s all about yesterday and tomorrow, not next week.

"What I’d say is, I’m frustrated and I understand the fans’ frustration because ultimately, over the last eight years, this club has been successful.

"Fans want success and we have had a spell of games where we have not won as many as we should have done and that’s what the fans feel, they want to see their team win.

"The majority accept that we’ve played well. I accept that playing well against Bristol City and not winning might not cut it in a local derby and I accept that. I’m not saying that’s acceptable.

"Dominating the game at the weekend and being as good as we were, I have to expect my teams to win more games than not, playing like that.

"The team is playing well at the moment and results will come off the back of that.

"Everyone watching sees a good team but it’s down to my players to get the result."
    He also said this. Remove the obvious hyperbole (excellent twice, dominating once) and his assessment seems fair.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Excellent means winning ten from twelve, with two draws. That's excellent.
    There's a difference between performances and results

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as excellent, but we've been worth a lot more than 6 points from the last 6 games.

Bournemouth outplayed us and we were lucky to get anything from that game, every game since we probably could have done better
    And I think this is a part of the problem.

If the players weren't up to much, but were giving their all for the shirt and it was difficult to see how things could improve, fans can accept that (generally). It's when players aren't seemingly in good form, when there's a lack of energy on the pitch, when there are questions about players and tactics that some fans discuss their concerns.

'Could have done better' is always more problematic than 'gave it their best', that feeling that we could be doing better than we actually are.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Seriously?

The last 15 mins against Millwall was a bit better, but how anyone can say that performances have been 'excellent' is just beyond me.

I can think of lots of ways to describe the performances but none of them are anywhere NEAR excellent - this is truly worrying if this is Harris' idea of 'excellent'
    Here's the beef, could be a little harsh, but the last 15 against Millwall was a reaction, not a performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Here's the beef, could be a little harsh, but the last 15 against Millwall was a reaction, not a performance.
    Agreed.

I was being charitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Seriously?

That was my take on it.

If that is the genuine view of the man who is charged with turning things around here then we're in trouble. I only hope he is telling the press one thing and the team something entirely different.

As for the points we could have got, sadly the league is decided by points obtained in reality not ones we felt we could have.