"I don’t think you can reassure fans, not in the modern society. It’s all about yesterday and tomorrow, not next week.

"What I’d say is, I’m frustrated and I understand the fans’ frustration because ultimately, over the last eight years, this club has been successful.

"Fans want success and we have had a spell of games where we have not won as many as we should have done and that’s what the fans feel, they want to see their team win.

"The majority accept that we’ve played well. I accept that playing well against Bristol City and not winning might not cut it in a local derby and I accept that. I’m not saying that’s acceptable.

"Dominating the game at the weekend and being as good as we were, I have to expect my teams to win more games than not, playing like that.

"The team is playing well at the moment and results will come off the back of that.

"Everyone watching sees a good team but it’s down to my players to get the result."
He also said this. Remove the obvious hyperbole (excellent twice, dominating once) and his assessment seems fair.