+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team for Coventry

Team for Coventry

Surely Harris will make a couple of changes after the shambles that was much of the Millwall game.
    Smithies
    Bacuna
    Benkovic
    Morrison
    Bennett
    Ojo
    Ralls
    Pack
    Moore
    Wilson
    Murphy

Re: Team for Coventry

Morrison looked to be struggling with a knock at the end of the Millwall game. He could be out tomorrow.

As I said in another thread, Bacuna is wasted at right back. Benkovic should replace Morrison or Nelson at centre half. Bacuna should replace Pack in midfield. At right back we could play Benkovic (if he is not centre half), or Cunningham (if fit), or try Bagan there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Morrison looked to be struggling with a knock at the end of the Millwall game. He could be out tomorrow.
    I was thinking that too.

I'd put Benkovic in with Morrison and move Nelson to RB
    Ralls and Bacuna in the middle, with Wilson and Murphy on the wings and Ojo behind Moore
    We need more goals

Has anyone seen Benkovic play?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Of course nobody has seen him play. I'm always amazed when we're linked with a winger from Rotherham or a central defender on the fringes of the Warford team, how knowledgeable some of our fans become on the attributes of said player saying that, Benkovic is here, Nelson is looking ropey, as is Morrison at times, why not give him a go?

Think we need to start with 1 striker.

Both a looking a little tired.

Should absolutely use more than the standard 1-2 subs tonight.

Personally would love to see Wilson and Murphy play behind Moore and have the full backs used to get in the crosses if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Of course nobody has seen him play. I'm always amazed when we're linked with a winger from Rotherham or a central defender on the fringes of the Warford team, how knowledgeable some of our fans become on the attributes of said player saying that, Benkovic is here, Nelson is looking ropey, as is Morrison at times, why not give him a go?
    Central defence is an area I wouldn't have too many concerns about as we're only conceding a goal a game - I'd be more concerned about the thinking which sees us play with two six foot five target men in two of our last three matches with wingers who want to cut inside all the time.

Central defence is an area I wouldn't have too many concerns about as we're only conceding a goal a game - I'd be more concerned about the thinking which sees us play with two six foot five target men in two of our last three matches with wingers who want to cut inside all the time.
    Agreed. Get wilson higher up the pitch, get the midfield to press more and the defence further up the pitch. He'll do that this evening, we'll see a more positive start from the kick off, i'm certain of it.

A good mate of mine is a Celtic ST holder, we speak on a regular basis and he raved about him after his loan spell there

I watched the Bristol v Cardiff yesterday whereby he was a whisker away from putting a header past Smithies, he looks a handful.

"I spoke to Meps before the game and it was a real hard decision for me because I felt he was excellent against Birmingham, as he has been in all the games that he’s played for me.

"But I just felt with being away with Wales and unlike David (Brooks), he played two 90 minutes and his second game being on the Wednesday, which is obviously quite close to playing on Saturday.

"I learned my lesson from Jeff (Lerma). Jeff was in a similar situation previously when he played two games for Colombia and his game was on the Wednesday then and he ended up getting injured.

"So that was the reason that I made the decision, based on Meps not training with us since he’s been back."

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sp...reading-tough/
    At some point Kieffer Moore is going to need a rest.

If someone had a bit more pace in defence it may allow the midfield to sit a little higher.

A defender more comfortable bringing the ball out may alleviate the need for Pack.

I don't think Benkovic is going to be that person, but I do think we should start to look to an alternative to Nelson and theres no one to replace Morrison who's got 2 more years in him.

Murph & Ojo in for Hoilett and Galtzel.

The rest picks itself without any solution at right back unless Benkovoic can play there.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    At some point Kieffer Moore is going to need a rest.
    Next July after the Euros most probably.