+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: COVENTRY CITY 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: COVENTRY CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    A commentator without passion is like a Counsellor without empathy.
    To be clear, are you watching the game or just listening?

30 minutes for Harris to save his job.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    To be clear, are you watching the game or just listening?
    Unfortunately I paid a tenner.

Ralls pass bounced three times, ****ing pissing myself

Glatzel on for Murphy. Long ball time I guess

I feel for Harris here. Appalling commitment and skill and the only name mentioned in this thread since the goal is Harris!

Won’t often see a performance with less conviction than Murphy’s tonight.

Can't continue with Bacuna at right back urgently need to find a free agent who can play there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I feel for Harris here. Appalling commitment and skill and the only name mentioned in this thread since the goal is Harris!
    Anybody would think he was the man who put them through their paces in training every day, was meant to give them motivation, picked the team and set the tactics.

I will go as far as saying unless we get rid of Harris and soon we could well end up relegated this season. The players look disinterested, prone to mistakes, hardly have any meaningful attacks or shots and lack the balls needed if we end up in a dog fight.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Glatzel on for Murphy. Long ball time I guess
    If the board are simply waiting for the inevitable, they should be making contact with Craig Bellamy to see if he would be interested.
    I am sure he would not be the choice of the board but they need an expansive choice to take over.
    We seem to have no attacking threat in any of our games.

The players have to take their share of the blame but the buck stops with the manager. There's no passion, no motivation, the dressing room seems lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Ralls pass bounced three times, ****ing pissing myself
    He’s a weak link I’m sorry to say.

Coventry have let us off the hook in the second half, let’s hope their misses come back to haunt them. We don’t look capable though, even the dodgy disallowed first half goal was an OG.

See ya Neil

Isn’t it his job to get the best out of his players.
    We carry on like this we are going down!!!

Go get that Warnock guy back. Don't know what has happened really, look a far worse team than just a couple months back. Seemed to have lost any phsycal edge and have mistakes galore on us whilst offering little upfront.

These players aren't playing for their manager.

The attackers are like strangers

There really is no defending this performance is there? Neil Harris described our recent performances as “excellent” yet tonight I am witnessing a simply dreadful performance lacking in heart, desire, application and ability. Is anybody still fooling themselves that we will be battling for the top 6 this season?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    If the board are simply waiting for the inevitable, they should be making contact with Craig Bellamy to see if he would be interested.
    I am sure he would not be the choice of the board but they need an expansive choice to take over.
    We seem to have no attacking threat in any of our games.
    Why would we get bellamy?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    There really is no defending this performance is there? Neil Harris described our recent performances as “excellent” yet tonight I am witnessing a simply dreadful performance lacking in heart, desire, application and ability. Is anybody still fooling themselves that we will be battling for the top 6 this season?
    Yeah we are a lot worse tonight than recently

I can't believe the amount of sloppy individual errors we're making. The players look like they don't give a toss. Is this Harris losing the dressing room?

74 minutes and 2 shots on target against the worst defence in the Championship. Magnifique!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Coventry were always my second team as a kid. Although I was born and brought up in Cardiff and used to attend City's home games I also used to watch Coventry home games once in a while and due to family connections.
    Ernie Hunt and Ian Gibson were always favourites of mine and I think my aunt dated the latter for a while.
    In those days, Coventry were in the top division and one rung above City - and it's amazing to see them back in the second tier after their travails in recent years and without them even having a ground of their own.
    One thing was remarkable at their home games in the seventies: the marketing of their brand at home games. Not only was the ground bedecked with their colours but even the coffee cups had the club name, elephant symbol and club colour on them, which was way ahead of their time and due, I believe, to the astuteness of Jimmy Hill.
    was my team too... all my mates supported man utd, liverpool, arsenal... and i just wanted to be different so i picked coventry lol, i liked the shirt colours and the name ? and yes the fact they were awsome team back in the day, i still have a few old sky blue shirts somewhere
    blue has just always been my colour lol...
    i 1st went down to ninian at age 8 on my own, i know i dread to think now of my kids walking the streets at 8 but we did back then, i was drawn by the roar and the flood lights and the fact i lived on lansdowne rd lol i snuck in at half time and we beat crystal palace 3-0 and i was hooked... but still look in at covs results

Our passing is really poor