+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: FT: COVENTRY CITY 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: COVENTRY CITY 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Harris' comments post match:

Cardiff City manager Neil Harris told BBC Sport Wales:

"The level of performance was not good enough and the goal sums us up, masters of our own downfall giving the ball away cheaply. The goal was a shambles really and sums us up.

"I was quite aggressive in what I said to the players and showed my disappointment. We've got a talented group of players who need to show they want to play for the club more, in my opinion.

"It has been a disappointing start to the season... you can hear from my tone of voice my disappointment, we don't have the points we want and need to improve quickly.

"We look forward to Saturday (at home to Luton Town) and the opportunity to improve and turn things around.

"Possibly I need to look at changes now. I've been loyal to players and rightly so.... but I've got to look at team selection now and think if some players have shown enough on the pitch to show they deserve to play.

"We all want better as a club, me included."

In that first paragraph he admits we're a shambles, he carries the can for that and has to go surely.
    He says he's been loyal to players.... why?! if they aren't performing give someone else an opportunity.
    Poor management, he has to go.

Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    Harris' comments post match:

Cardiff City manager Neil Harris told BBC Sport Wales:

"The level of performance was not good enough and the goal sums us up, masters of our own downfall giving the ball away cheaply. The goal was a shambles really and sums us up.

"I was quite aggressive in what I said to the players and showed my disappointment. We've got a talented group of players who need to show they want to play for the club more, in my opinion.

"It has been a disappointing start to the season... you can hear from my tone of voice my disappointment, we don't have the points we want and need to improve quickly.

"We look forward to Saturday (at home to Luton Town) and the opportunity to improve and turn things around.

"Possibly I need to look at changes now. I've been loyal to players and rightly so.... but I've got to look at team selection now and think if some players have shown enough on the pitch to show they deserve to play.

"We all want better as a club, me included."

In that first paragraph he admits we're a shambles, he carries the can for that and has to go surely.
    He says he's been loyal to players.... why?! if they aren't performing give someone else an opportunity.
    Poor management, he has to go.
    Shit. Sounds like the dreaded yelling of "you are better than this, do better next time". Not good.

Same old nonsense from him.

He's got more cliches than Ron Manager.

He doesn't refer to his own misgivings or lack of ability at any point, he's blaming his workforce completely. He was 'aggressive' at half time though. ****s sake neil, listen to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Same old nonsense from him.

He's got more cliches than Ron Manager.
    Why do people even read these?

What do you expect him to say?

What do you want him to say?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Why do people even read these?

What do you expect him to say?

What do you want him to say?
    Some responsibility for the shambles might be a start.

He has even turned his selection failures into him being too loyal to players and them not doing enough.

He has said again how disappointed he is. Not as disappointed as the fans Neil.
    I would personally prefer he kept his cliched soundbites and showed an ounce of it on the pitch.

His recent interviews about excellent performances, stats that suggest we should be top six and tonight's 'tone of voice' nonsense to me suggests he is a man on his way out and it sounds like excuses.