+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: COVENTRY CITY 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: COVENTRY CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

I’m sorry but we’re throwing kitchen sink and we opt for Mark Harris instead of Benkovic?

Coventry have conceded the most goals in the Championship....and we have hardly threatened all game

That's twice now he's brought on Mark Harris with about a minute to go, what exactly does he expect him to do at that point?

Could Cardiff old boy Ben Wilson do us a favour and chuck a couple into the net please?

Load of effing crap.

FT 1-0

Harris needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Harris needs to go.
    For the first time this season I agree. Awful

Well done ccfc

Enough is enough. Harris has to go.

Re: FT: COVENTRY CITY 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

It's getting much harder to argue he deserves more time... Warnock wasted huge sums of money leaving us with much weakened squad so, while improvements have been made by Harris, our limitations are being exposed by a congested fixture list and a manager who hasn't been able to come up with the answers thus far.

Probably as poor as we have been, very disjointed. Not quite the response of a team trying to get a result for the manager.

Another piss poor goal to give away.

why didn't we throw Olofinjana on..? 🤬

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

That was some seriously painful viewing... Only consolation is I didn't pay anything to watch it. I'd be surprised to see Harris still in the job for much longer. That was as clueless and heartless a performance as I've seen in some time.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    That's twice now he's brought on Mark Harris with about a minute to go, what exactly does he expect him to do at that point?
    That is a very good question.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    That is a very good question.
    Appearance bonus, he's helping the lad out

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    that theory doesn't work with masterbation

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    "knows the club" is one of the most damaging phrases in UK football.

It should have basically no bearing compared to finding someone actually qualified to do the job.
    There does need to be ‘something’ there. How many teams in our position have employed “forward thinking” foreign managers that haven’t fitted in and can’t get their point across because of language and can’t accept what players they have at their disposal

Harris' comments post match:

Cardiff City manager Neil Harris told BBC Sport Wales:

"The level of performance was not good enough and the goal sums us up, masters of our own downfall giving the ball away cheaply. The goal was a shambles really and sums us up.

"I was quite aggressive in what I said to the players and showed my disappointment. We've got a talented group of players who need to show they want to play for the club more, in my opinion.

"It has been a disappointing start to the season... you can hear from my tone of voice my disappointment, we don't have the points we want and need to improve quickly.

"We look forward to Saturday (at home to Luton Town) and the opportunity to improve and turn things around.

"Possibly I need to look at changes now. I've been loyal to players and rightly so.... but I've got to look at team selection now and think if some players have shown enough on the pitch to show they deserve to play.

"We all want better as a club, me included."

In that first paragraph he admits we're a shambles, he carries the can for that and has to go surely.
    He says he's been loyal to players.... why?! if they aren't performing give someone else an opportunity.
    Poor management, he has to go.

Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    Harris' comments post match:

Cardiff City manager Neil Harris told BBC Sport Wales:

"The level of performance was not good enough and the goal sums us up, masters of our own downfall giving the ball away cheaply. The goal was a shambles really and sums us up.

"I was quite aggressive in what I said to the players and showed my disappointment. We've got a talented group of players who need to show they want to play for the club more, in my opinion.

"It has been a disappointing start to the season... you can hear from my tone of voice my disappointment, we don't have the points we want and need to improve quickly.

"We look forward to Saturday (at home to Luton Town) and the opportunity to improve and turn things around.

"Possibly I need to look at changes now. I've been loyal to players and rightly so.... but I've got to look at team selection now and think if some players have shown enough on the pitch to show they deserve to play.

"We all want better as a club, me included."

In that first paragraph he admits we're a shambles, he carries the can for that and has to go surely.
    He says he's been loyal to players.... why?! if they aren't performing give someone else an opportunity.
    Poor management, he has to go.
    Shit. Sounds like the dreaded yelling of "you are better than this, do better next time". Not good.

He doesn't refer to his own misgivings or lack of ability at any point, he's blaming his workforce completely. He was 'aggressive' at half time though. ****s sake neil, listen to yourself.

Same old nonsense from him.

He's got more cliches than Ron Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Same old nonsense from him.

He's got more cliches than Ron Manager.
    Why do people even read these?

What do you expect him to say?

What do you want him to say?