+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bielsa

Bielsa

Is on the FIFA shortlist for manager of the year? Really??????

Re: Bielsa

Quality manager, I said we should have gone for him years ago after he'd walked out on one job or other.

no way will he win manager of the year though.

Have you seen his salary? It’s insane, no way we could afford him

I have not

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    Have you seen his salary? It’s insane, no way we could afford him
    Apparently, he pays his immediate staff out of his salary. He (until recently) rented a flat above a shop to live in, very unassuming as well, and he bartered with the landlord over the rent. He walks to work (5 miles) and holds tactical meetings in a local coffee shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Apparently, he pays his immediate staff out of his salary. He (until recently) rented a flat above a shop to live in, very unassuming as well, and he bartered with the landlord over the rent. He walks to work (5 miles) and holds tactical meetings in a local coffee shop.
    Gifted Newells Old Boys his team a training ground, built from scratch and designed to his specific details and instruction.

It cost him over £2 million.

Does appear ridiculous to be nominated for manager of the year. I can see Leeds struggling this year as many plaudits they have won when you are used to winning games and start losing lots of games it can become hard to stop the rot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's on over 6m a year. He lives/d above a fish and chip shop in Wetherby. He's a great bloke, which is annoying as I want to hate everything about Leeds