+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: El Diego RIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: El Diego RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Great song in the 80’s “who put the ball in the English net?” “Diego, Diego!!”
    I thought it was Arthur, half of fcuking Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Great song in the 80’s “who put the ball in the English net?” “Diego, Diego!!”
    Never heard that sung !!

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I thought it was Arthur, half of fcuking Europe.
    This is what I heard sung

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Never heard that sung !!

This is what I heard sung
    It changed to Arthur europe after england were stiffed at Euro 88, before that it was Maradona, between 86 and 88.

If the people who are calling him a cheat because of his hand ball goal against England they’re talking through their arse, drug taking issues are another matter but anyone who’s played football at any level who’s not been involved in or scored a dodgy goal and not put their hands up and told the ref to disallow it is a cheat as well. It’s up to the officials and if they award a goal any player worth his salt will take it all day long. I’ve often wondered how the English press would have reacted had, say, Gascoigne been awarded a similar goal, The Sun would have revelled in a ‘Ave That, Gazza Hands It To ‘Em’ type headline, as would the other tabloids. Great, great player, a character of the like football needs more of.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    If the people who are calling him a cheat because of his hand ball goal against England they’re talking through their arse, drug taking issues are another matter but anyone who’s played football at any level who’s not been involved in or scored a dodgy goal and not put their hands up and told the ref to disallow it is a cheat as well. It’s up to the officials and if they award a goal any player worth his salt will take it all day long. I’ve often wondered how the English press would have reacted had, say, Gascoigne been awarded a similar goal, The Sun would have revelled in a ‘Ave That, Gazza Hands It To ‘Em’ type headline, as would the other tabloids. Great, great player, a character of the like football needs more of.
    He got away with it, ****'em. He said that he pick pocketed the english, where he grew up and in his culture, what he did was fair game.

Didn't fourfourtwo rank him as the best footballer of all time?