+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Harris in or Harris out?

Re: Harris in or Harris out?

My position remains the same. If we could hire someone better than Harris, I'd be all for it. But I'd rather not sack him just for the hell of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    That was a team that played for their manager. I am amazed, as I was convinced they were playing to get him sacked on Wednesday! Well done all, the effort levels etc was superb and Harris running in behind is something we've been crying out for.
    I thought Wednesday was the point of no return for him, when players give that little effort it's usually because they've given up on the manager but clearly this isn't the case. Big couple of weeks coming up now

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    That was a team that played for their manager. I am amazed, as I was convinced they were playing to get him sacked on Wednesday! Well done all, the effort levels etc was superb and Harris running in behind is something we've been crying out for.
    ^^^this

He isn't a very good manager and needs to be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What do you base that on?

We'll see on Saturday. If there's a positive reaction to that steaming pile of horseshit, then there might be a way out. Sometimes a side has to hit bottom to find ways to change. If there's more of the same, then the chance of Harris turning this around is very slim. He's not showing any signs of doing so at the moment.
    What a mare 😂😂😂

Touchy.

I am interested in why anyone thinks Harris is going to turn this around. This is starting to feel as dreadful as the Trollope era, players not giving 100%, not looking interested, some frustrated with what is happening etc.

Obviously you don't have to justify yourself to anyone, and you probably don't give a rat's arse what anyone else thinks given how thick skinned you are, but I'd like to hear some positives. I don't feel there are any.
    Absolute mare 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    OUT!

He’s clueless, out of his depth and the players clearly aren’t playing for him.
    7 for and 2 clean sheets on 2 games. If that’s players not playing for a manager I can’t wait to see when they do start playing for him 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Absolute mare ������
    It wasn't at the time I posted it. It's a pity that it has touched a nerve to the point you feel you need to ram it down my throat.

I stand by what I said at the time. I am delighted that we appear to have turned a corner, played with some intensity again and looked dangerous going forward. Long may it continue. That is the aim. I'm not here to score points.

It wasn't at the time I posted it. It's a pity that it has touched a nerve to the point you feel you need to ram it down my throat.

I stand by what I said at the time. I am delighted that we appear to have turned a corner, played with some intensity again and looked dangerous going forward. Long may it continue. That is the aim. I'm not here to score points.
    Rattled

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Rattled
    Not in the slightest. By you? Get a life.

Not in the slightest. By you? Get a life.
    Oh the irony.

Focusing on what you've seen in the past 180 minutes only, ignoring any justifiable concerns from the ancient history of before that, at what point do those who wanted Harris gone admit he's not as bad as they thought?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Focusing on what you've seen in the past 180 minutes only, ignoring any justifiable concerns from the ancient history of before that, at what point do those who wanted Harris gone admit he's not as bad as they thought?

Very good

I'll give him credit for the last two wins.
    It has been a refreshing change to what came immediately before it.

If these type of performances were the mainstay of what we did as a team and squad then I'm not sure you would have many people who were in the Harris out camp. They seem to be a reaction of the exception to the rule though.
    If he reverts to type and performances and results suffer then he must deal with the flack that will head his way.
    Having said that he must be given praise for the last two games that have seen top quality performances, lots of goals scored and two clean sheets.

As it is we are 11th and six points off play offs with half of the other clubs still to play. It is still some way off where we should be and where the board had targeted him to be. If we continue to make the last two performances somewhere near the norm then that will correct itself fairly soon. It's been a breath of fresh air.

Weve taken two sides apart within the space of a few days, and while I accept that were not going to do that week in week out, we should expect to see the team set up to have a go.
    I still believe we have the squad to take us into the play offs, confidence should be Sky high after those two performances
    It's now down to Harris to maintain those standards
    Leaving Pack on the bench for 70-75 minutes is a good start

Any ''Harris in'' changed your mind after tonight's game?

No.

What’s the alternative? Tony Pulis?

**** that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    No.
    Fair enough. How much longer would you give him?

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Absolutely pointless getting shot of the manager unless there is a long term plan in place.
    Hopefully getting Moore back fit will see us get a few more wins to see us safe but realistically the playoffs aren't on.

Somebody mentioned getting Pulis in. It may be an option in 7 or 8 games if we are winless but I sincerely hope not.
    Realistically Harris last year did what Warnock did two years previously, over achieved with a mediocre squad.

I fear we will see a few more results like tonight before the end of the season and we ain't going to change or style of play too much either.
    We just have to suck it up I'm afraid.

Fair enough. How much longer would you give him?
    The board put him in place so he should be allowed to build his own squad.

He deserves the season and he should be allowed to clear out Warnocks expensive flops.

The good thing is weve 29 points in the bag so we dont need to panic sign more expensive old players to dig us out of a relegation fight.

That line up today included players nowhere near the standard however hard they try.

The board should get together witn a long term plan and the hard truth is we may be writing off 20m plus on Warnock signings.

No

He deserves the season and he should be allowed to clear out Warnocks expensive flops.

The good thing is weve 29 points in the bag so we dont need to panic sign more expensive old players to dig us out of a relegation fight.

That line up today included players nowhere near the standard however hard they try.

The board should get together witn a long term plan and the hard truth is we may be writing off 20m plus on Warnock signings.
    Harris has to stay, he's not had a chance to get rid of the deadwood. Sack the manager? What, and have more money wasted on a compensation package? Who comes in? Howe? Bilic? Get real, it would be Pulis and he makes Warnock look modern.

Dalman said Warnock spent £100m in his three years not 20m!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Dalman said Warnock spent £100m in his three years not 20m!
    The team that finished tonight had 3 Harris signings. And all three are on loan.