+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Harris in or Harris out?

Re: Harris in or Harris out?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    That’s not how football works these days. It’s thanks to someone with old fashioned contacts we are in this mess. We need a proper recruitment team that’s seperate from the coaching. We are miles behind on that department. Dalman and Choo sell cars ffs.
    It was one of Warnock’s good points being ‘in the know’, players such as Bamba, Hoilett, NML, Etheridge coming to us because of him really not because we’re Cardiff City. Of course he went on to waste money and burden us with dross but his initial bargain basement wheeling and dealing initially steadied a sinking ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Out, don't think all is right.
    The Mendez-Laing situation won't have helped, whatever the reasons for his departure. Although I believe it was right for Etheridge to leave, I'm pretty sure he was well liked by his teammates. Paterson was a big character, so no doubt his sale has had an effect. Tomlin's absence is another obvious negative.

Could be that the spirit in the dressing room isn't quite what it was, but it's obviously the manager's job to sort that out.

I'd replace him with Paul Cook

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Out. Wrong appointment by the board in the first place so they have to share the blame.
    He cannot be here for the January window.
    That "wrong" appointment took us to the play offs last season

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    You say we don't have resources but in the same breath say we have spent 5.5mil on a striker. As things go we are big spenders, we have a great new stadium and other top facilities in comparison. 2 seasons ago we were in the premier league
    Yeah 5.5m wasted along with probably big wages. Along with similar amount on a 30 plus centre half on loan elsewhere.

Parachute payments going in the summer. We will be cutting back big time next summer.

Its Harris or a cheap option.

He can turn this around.

I'd need to see what the alternatives are. I don't think we should just sack him with no plan in place and put ourselves at the mercy of the usual suspects waiting in the wings.

I find it hard to believe he's really this bad. But then again, I usually do in such circumstances.

I wonder what Ojo and Wilson think of this. Would they be having regular check-ins with the staff at Liverpool?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    That "wrong" appointment took us to the play offs last season
    Sure, a season after being relegated from the premier league.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'd need to see what the alternatives are. I don't think we should just sack him with no plan in place and put ourselves at the mercy of the usual suspects waiting in the wings.

I find it hard to believe he's really this bad. But then again, I usually do in such circumstances.

I wonder what Ojo and Wilson think of this. Would they be having regular check-ins with the staff at Liverpool?
    Ojo better hope nobody at Liverpool watched him play tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yeah 5.5m wasted along with probably big wages. Along with similar amount on a 30 plus centre half on loan elsewhere.

Parachute payments going in the summer. We will be cutting back big time next summer.

Its Harris or a cheap option.

He can turn this around.
    I don't know if he can, I'm inclined to ditch him, but think maybe end of Dec.

But for sure with Covid and our parachute payments ending, our free spending will be over, especially if our recent history of when the premier league money ran dry is to go on. Some people on here will be insufferable

I think we overachieved last year with the players we have, which makes this season look even worse.

I don’t think our players are actually that good.

Is Harris getting the best out of them? No

Is Harris shown that he’s tactically astute? Not in my opinion

Do I think he’s awful like some others? No

I think the players do need to look at themselves

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I think we overachieved last year with the players we have, which makes this season look even worse.

I agree. However, as I just posted elsewhere, the players need to look at themselves, but Harris has to know why things aren't working. If he doesn't, things will get worse and he shouldn't be in the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Tonight was so bad, if there's not a reaction on Saturday he should go. He deserves at least until Saturday though. The players really, really let him down tonight. Regardless of what you think about his tactics, and I've criticised them, some of the players really half arsed it tonight. If they do it again on Saturday, they've quit on him.
    The first-half performance at QPR was bad and we got a reaction in the second half and against Barnsley, but a few games later and we're back in the same position. I struggle to see Harris turning this around. It's not like he can make 4 or 5 changes to the starting XI because the alternatives are even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It was one of Warnock’s good points being ‘in the know’, players such as Bamba, Hoilett, NML, Etheridge coming to us because of him really not because we’re Cardiff City. Of course he went on to waste money and burden us with dross but his initial bargain basement wheeling and dealing initially steadied a sinking ship.
    I’m sorry fella but the money wasted since and we continue to waste on the sort of contracts dished out far, far outweighs those 4 decent free transfers. Bamba being a classic case in point. Why give the guy a 2 year deal when he was out injured for a year? and was never going to be the same after such an injury at his age?

Also, when people wax lyrical about the Hoilett and Bamba signings I don’t hear anyone mention Chamakh or Richardson.

I’m sorry fella but the money wasted since and we continue to waste on the sort of contracts dished out far, far outweighs those 4 decent free transfers. Bamba being a classic case in point. Why give the guy a 2 year deal when he was out injured for a year? and was never going to be the same after such an injury at his age.

Also, when people wax lyrical about the Hoilett and Bamba signings I don’t hear anyone mention Chamakh or Richardson.
    Gavin Whyte is now behind Mark Harris in the pecking order. Money well spent there

I’m sorry fella but the money wasted since and we continue to waste on the sort of contracts dished out far, far outweighs those 4 decent free transfers. Bamba being a classic case in point. Why give the guy a 2 year deal when he was out injured for a year? and was never going to be the same after such an injury at his age.

In fairness, they were also free transfers, very low risk signings on short term contracts. Both might have been ok. They weren't. No damage done.

But we do spend proper money....
    Do we?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    In fairness, they were also free transfers, very low risk signings on short term contracts. Both might have been ok. They weren't. No damage done.
    What about the signings after them? Flint, Reid, Whyte, Murphy, Madine, Vaulks, Pack etc.

Gavin Whyte is now behind Mark Harris in the pecking order. Money well spent there
    It’s ok I’m sure Eric will be along to defend the signing of Whyte. Only cost 2m. No harm done.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

We were relegated from the premier league, people talk as if we came up from nowhere with Norman Tebbit on a bicycle with a piece of stale bread in our pocket.

I think that the way we handled ourselves in the premier league the season prior, it was not unreasonable to expect a team to be sat in the top 6 the following season (Throughout!). Especially given our long standing in this division and spending.

We paid transfer fees for 6 players in that window and Marlon Pack has probably been the most successful of the lot.

What the **** was Warnock thinking?

We were relegated from the premier league, people talk as if we came up from nowhere with Norman Tebbit on a bicycle with a piece of stale bread in our pocket.

I think that the way we handled ourselves in the premier league the season prior, it was not unreasonable to expect a team to be sat in the top 6 the following season (Throughout!). Especially given our long standing in this division and spending.
    Did you see the signings we made in the summer of 2019?

Do we?
    Prove to me that we don't?

I say that in the scale of things, of the 24 teams that play each season in this league for the combined majority of those we we are relatively big spenders. 2 promotions i feel is testament to that. I'm putting my neck on the line with what i perceive to be a fact, not an opinion.

It’s ok I’m sure Eric will be along to defend the signing of Whyte. Only cost 2m. No harm done.
    Free signings on short term contracts, some work out, some don't.

Whyte never looked up to much for us. Never £2m. Poor.

Warnock's signings prior to the start of last season were dreadful and have helped put us in this position. However, that's not the reason for inept performances like we've seen this season.

What about the signings after them? Flint, Reid, Whyte, Murphy, Madine, Vaulks, Pack etc.
    Different story. I was merely replying to the signings of Richardson and Chamakh.

Prove to me that we don't?

I say that in the scale of things, of the 24 teams that play each season in this league for the combined majority of those we we are relatively big spenders. 2 promotions i feel is testament to that. I'm putting my neck on the line with what i perceive to be a fact, not an opinion.
    Youve still got to spend it wisely. We completely wasted a lot of money last season but even then it was nothing compared to what others in the division spent.

Brentford just signed a striker for 10m. We signed one for 2m.