+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Harris in or Harris out?

Re: Harris in or Harris out?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Dalman said Warnock spent £100m in his three years not 20m!
    Im thinking more the disaster of the 2019 window.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Im thinking more the disaster of the 2019 window.
    That window will hang over us as a club for a while longer yet

Should never have been appointed. Must be replaced and a manager given January to use the loan market in the areas we need and maybe play Wilson in his position.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Should never have been appointed. Must be replaced and a manager given January to use the loan market in the areas we need and maybe play Wilson in his position.
    We've played Wilson in his position. There comes a time when Harry Wilson needs to be responsible for Harry Wilson's performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We've played Wilson in his position. There comes a time when Harry Wilson needs to be responsible for Harry Wilson's performances.
    One of the few looking to make things happen and about our best player this evening according to Nathan Blake.

Wilson can control the ball and pass it better than the rest of our team.

He's not the messiah and neither is Tomlin, I don't get why people think they are going to score 20 a season and influence every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    One of the few looking to make things happen and about our best player this evening according to Nathan Blake.

And he played on the right. He's played well on the right, he has not played well in the middle.

And he played on the right. He's played well on the right, he has not played well in the middle.
    Exactly. Sometimes I wonder how many of the people who post on here actually watch us play.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Wilson can control the ball and pass it better than the rest of our team.

He's not the messiah and neither is Tomlin, I don't get why people think they are going to score 20 a season and influence every game.
    Tomlin had 18 goal contributions last season. If a player could influence every single game they wouldn’t be operating at Championship level.

Wasn't last time he set up 2 goals and score 1.... Then he was moved wide again.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Wasn't last time he set up 2 goals and score 1.... Then he was moved wide again.
    2 corners, and he scored his goal playing right wing after we put Harris up top.

Wilson played through the middle against Brentford. Was disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Wilson played through the middle against Brentford. Was disappointing.
    Whenever he's been there he's not done well. Out wide is his position at the moment where it's less congested. I'll put my hand up and thought he should be more involved centrally, but I was wrong there.

Wilson wasn’t very good tonight.

He did try but it didn’t come off

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Wilson wasn’t very good tonight.

He did try but it didn’t come off
    Very hit and miss.

On his day one of the best in the league but does it nowhere near enough.

Its going to be difficult for Wilson.
    We have no creativity in central midfield and absolutely no threat up front without Moore.

Whenever he's been there he's not done well. Out wide is his position at the moment where it's less congested. I'll put my hand up and thought he should be more involved centrally, but I was wrong there.
    Me too. I thought playing through the middle he will get more of the ball and impose himself a lot more.
    Wasn't great against Brentford but they are a good team who use the ball.

He got bullied tonight and the ref, for whatever reason, didn't give him a lot of protection.
    I think he could still do okay in the middle but he is a different player totally than a Tomlin and does a lot of running himself rather than look for and pick out runners.

The main issue I think is that Wilson needs other quality around him to excel and unfortunately we don't have much.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Its going to be difficult for Wilson.
    We have no creativity in central midfield and absolutely no threat up front without Moore.
    Oh yes. Thankless task in this team.

I agree with you on that.

:Shameless bump:

Anyone still think Harris should stay?

Nobody is touching this with a barge pole.

Several are already in hiding and have been for most of the recent run.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Nobody is touching this with a barge pole.

Several are already in hiding and have been for most of the recent run.
    If thats aimed at me I am certainly not hiding from the likes of you. Ive had some personal issues to attend to and locking horns with Nigel Negatives like you on a football forum is the least of my worries at the moment.

I stand by my comments earlier in the thread. The problems at this football club certainly do not end with sacking Neil Harris.

6 losses in a row he cant complain if he does get sacked. I dont think hes been helped with the run of injuries and lack of squad depth / balance but as he says himself its a results business.

For what its worth I dont think hes had any input into the new signings and I would also go as far as to say the suits are sticking their beak into team selection again.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    The players have made him look like a twat tonight.

Out.
    The tactics were his.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    If thats aimed at me I am certainly not hiding from the likes of you. Ive had some personal issues to attend to and locking horns with Nigel Negatives like you on a football forum is the least of my worries at the moment.

I stand by my comments earlier in the thread. The problems at this football club certainly do not end with sacking Neil Harris.

6 losses in a row he cant complain if he does get sacked. I dont think hes been helped with the run of injuries and lack of squad depth / balance but as he says himself its a results business.

For what its worth I dont think hes had any input into the new signings and I would also go as far as to say the suits are sticking their beak into team selection again.
    Not aimed at anybody in particular.

Just the Harris apologist voices are very thin on the ground these days.

I certainly agree with you on the Harris situation. It certainly doesn't start and end with him and giving the decision of picking a successor to the people who picked Harris seems a bit pointless but it is what it is.

Hope you sort your personal issues soon enough so you can post more on here and I can wholeheartedly disagree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Not aimed at anybody in particular.

Just the Harris apologist voices are very thin on the ground these days.
    Just like the praise for him last season even though we managed to finish 5th and pushed Fulham all the way in the play-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Just like the praise for him last season even though we managed to finish 5th and pushed Fulham all the way in the play-offs.
    I said he did well last year. He did.

This year he has in my opinion improved the squad and sent us into freefall.