+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Harris in or Harris out?

Re: Harris in or Harris out?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Exactly.

People blaming Warnock for Harris's ineptitude is laughable. Why not blame Trollope and Slade as well? And OGS and Malky.
    The squad is old and not half as good as we think. Warnock pissed all the money we had to spend up the wall. You love to slag off Glatzel as much as anyone, who spent 5.5m on him? Nelson, Whyte, Flint, Pack, Vaulks, Glatzel, Day, Vassell! Our rebuild was done at great expense and one player improved the side, and now we can't afford to improve. We were just as bad under Warnock last season as well. He also bombed out the one player that could play in Reid.

You are bang on and a lot of people seem to forget this and just focus on how rubbish he was when spending money.
    We sold those 4 players on for a grand total of 1m. One sixth of a Gary Madine.

Exactly.

People blaming Warnock for Harris's ineptitude is laughable. Why not blame Trollope and Slade as well? And OGS and Malky.
    Because Harris isn't lumbered with crap players signed by them.

How can we be better than 18th?!

We ARE 18th!!
    We should be 19th but have the saving grace of Wednesday having started on minus 10 points.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    We should be 19th but have the saving grace of Wednesday having started on minus 10 points.
    If my aunty had wheels she'd be a bicycle. Also, they started on -6, so they'd still be behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Because Harris isn't lumbered with crap players signed by them.
    Didn't whoever followed OGS (was it Slade? It was instantly forgettable....) inherit all of his rubbish signings, or did I just imagine all of those Scandinavians that no one had ever heard of? And did we all then blame OGS for Slade being rubbish?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Has the season finished then?

Well it never started for Harris and it looks well and truly over for us, and it will be soon the way the team is 'playing'.

But let's forget the league table shall we? It doesn't really matter does it? Let's pretend that we aren't 18th, and everything will be OK.

Didn't whoever followed OGS (was it Slade? It was instantly forgettable....) inherit all of his rubbish signings, or did I just imagine all of those Scandinavians that no one had ever heard of? And did we all then blame OGS for Slade being rubbish?
    Yeah Manga was shit wasn’t he

Well it never started for Harris and it looks well and truly over for us, and it will be soon the way the team is 'playing'.

But let's forget the league table shall we? It doesn't really matter does it? Let's pretend that we aren't 18th, and everything will be OK.
    It’s ok fella Lee Johnson will be in the hot seat soon. A good fit for you. He’s deluded too. A good fit that is until he loses one match and you’ll want him out.

People keep suggesting Lee Johnson as some kind of pop at posters like he is worse than Harris.

Give Johnson this squad and he wouldn't be sat in 18th, I'm almost certain of it.

Johnson win percentage in his whole time at Bristol City was over 38%. Harris' so far this season is 23% and 12.5% in the last 8 games.

It’s ok fella Lee Johnson will be in the hot seat soon. A good fit for you. He’s deluded too. A good fit that is until he loses one match and you’ll want him out.
    There are very few people left clinging to Harris as the saviour and you are one of them.

You really need to ask yourself: who is deluded here?

Uh oh.......

People keep suggesting Lee Johnson as some kind of pop at posters like he is worse than Harris.

Give Johnson this squad and he wouldn't be sat in 18th, I'm almost certain of it.
    He’d probably be sat in 3rd but then by the end of the season struggling to escape relegation. That’s how his seasons usually go.

There are very few people left clinging to Harris as the saviour and you are one of them.

You really need to ask yourself: who is deluded here?

Uh oh.......
    Who’s saying he’s the saviour? I just don’t think changing the manager every 5 minutes is the way forward. There’s clearly other things at play within the club which will be a problem for ANY manager.

You are deluded if you think sacking Harris will be an end to those problems.

He’d probably be sat in 3rd but then by the end of the season struggling to escape relegation. That’s how his seasons usually go.
    If he had us escaping relegation it would be one better than where we're currently heading.

Fast forward to April and it would be the same noises coming from Harris.

"I've let the players know what I think"
    "It isn't good enough"
    "We look forward to the next game"

Harris has no clue of how to rescue this.
    He has been here 12 months now, doesn't know his starting eleven, doesn't know how to set up an effective shape to the team and has no playing philosophy other than negative.

Who’s saying he’s the saviour? I just don’t think changing the manager every 5 minutes is the way forward. There’s clearly other things at play within the club which will be a problem for ANY manager.

You are deluded if you think sacking Harris will be an end to those problems.
    But it could avoid relegation and provide an upturn in fortunes on the pitch. At the moment we have an expensive Championship side. Being in a relegation battle is unthinkable for the value of that side.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    But it could avoid relegation and provide an upturn in fortunes on the pitch. At the moment we have an expensive Championship side. Being in a relegation battle is unthinkable for the value of that side.
    Do we? We have an average mid table Championship side not hitting the heights they should be hitting, you’d swear we were 23rd / 24th with Bournemouth’s squad the way you are carrying on.

Johnson win percentage in his whole time at Bristol City was over 38%. Harris' so far this season is 23% and 12.5% in the last 8 games.
    What’s his % since taking over?

If he had us escaping relegation it would be one better than where we're currently heading.

"It isn't good enough"

He has been here 12 months now, doesn't know his starting eleven, doesn't know how to set up an effective shape to the team and has no playing philosophy other than negative.
    You couldn’t give the guy any credit when he got us to play offs so you’re bleating is falling on deaf ears I’m afraid.

"It isn't good enough"

Hold on so he gets criticised for rotating his squad by ‘not knowing his starting eleven’ and others criticising for starting his best players like Tutu and getting injured because of fixture pile ups?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    What’s his % since taking over?

Let’s be fair. I could find a sample of Lee Johnson’s worst period at the Gummidges - and there’s been a few - and compare to Harris whole time at Cardiff if I wanted but it’s midnight and I can’t be arsed composing such a ridiculous post.

we were pathetic tonight, but I think he's at least earned the chance to try to turn it around himself, given last season's exploits.
    much of the squads issues are warnocks creating in any case.

I think he deserves a bit more time to try and turn it around too.

Any of the 'outers' change their mind after todays result?
    I was and still am in the out camp, but a few more results and performances like this will obviously make me change my mind.
    C'mon Harris, make me change my mind

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Any of the 'outers' change their mind after todays result?
    I was and still am in the out camp, but a few more results and performances like this will obviously make me change my mind.
    C'mon Harris, make me change my mind
    Let's see what happens on Tuesday. We comfortably beat Barnsley and then took 1 point from the next 3 games.

That was a team that played for their manager. I am amazed, as I was convinced they were playing to get him sacked on Wednesday! Well done all, the effort levels etc was superb and Harris running in behind is something we've been crying out for.