+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Manager

Re: New Manager

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    By the way, I'm afraid I don't think one victory against Luton is enough to say that the situation regards this subject has changed very much. I sincerely hope it has though .
    The two big wins we have had were against Luton and Barnsley and I thought on the day they looked very poor , so hard to judge .

It would be nice to do Huddersfield now and hope we can get a run together and builds some confidence .

City's line up looked much better yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    but based on what? what about Sol Bamba are the ingredients to make a good manager?
    Experience as a player .
    Played under good managers.
    Popular respected within the squad.
    Able to motivate as shown on the field.
    Intelligent.
    Articulate.
    Taking his badges .

Many ex players of backroom staff have slotted into a role like this in the lower leagues without previous management experience , and some at even higher level ie Lampard and Gerrard at Derby and Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Experience as a player .
    Intelligent.
    Articulate.
    Taking his badges .

Many ex players of backroom staff have slotted into a role like this in the lower leagues without previous management experience , and some at even higher level ie Lampard and Gerrard at Derby and Rangers.
    Fair enough

Experience as a player .
    Intelligent.
    Articulate.
    Taking his badges .

I hope he will take ownership as a manager better than he does as a player.

He would often shout at someonelse when he was at fault for a goal,

Experience as a player .
    Intelligent.
    Articulate.
    Taking his badges .

Gerrard and Lampard were operating at a far high level of playing than Bamba ffs

Fair enough
    A hot head, unable to control emotion or think logically under pressure. Who got in his managers face on the side line because he couldn't control himself. Nah

Experienced as a player... Who isn't at his age.
    Played under good managers... That could be thousands of players and no doubt a lot of them have played under better managers.
    Respected as a player, maybe.... We need a manager, the transition is not as easy.
    Motivate..... Does he or does he just shout a lot? Morrison is captain for a reason, people listen to him. If you work with someone who just shouts and shouts and moans and moans you soon block them out.
    A lot of players have played under good managers, means nothing. A integllent? No idea
    Badges... A lot of players take their badges.

If we are going to replace Harris, and personally I think he should be given until Christmas, then we need to get Cooper....he’s doing a great job down the road, on limited finances, his old man is a City fan and almost certainly, secretly, so is he....

Fair enough
    Hi Mars,

Yeah all that for sure but ,rightly or wrongly , I detect a presence - officer material if you like- which is hard to quantify but you know it when you see it. At least you think you do, but as I say ,you can't ever be certain. I'm not claiming to be able to foretell the future but it's my instinct.

The two big wins we have had were against Luton and Barnsley and I thought on the day they looked very poor , so hard to judge .

It would be nice to do Huddersfield now and hope we can get a run together and builds some confidence .

City's line up looked much better yesterday.

Absolutely right. If there's a test it will be Watford next week. If we can't beat Huddersfield we'll know it was a flash in the pan but it won't prove much either.
    I hope he's turned the corner but it'll take a consistent improvement to show that. With these players he should be winning a lot of games .

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Absolutely right. If there's a test it will be Watford next week. If we can't beat Huddersfield we'll know it was a flash in the pan but it won't prove much either.
    I hope he's turned the corner but it'll take a consistent improvement to show that. With these players he should be winning a lot of games .
    Our 4 wins have come against the sides currently in 12th, 16th, 18th and 21st.

In games against teams in the top half, our record reads P6 W0 D4 L2. Against teams in the bottom half, it reads P8 W4 D1 L3. It's not inspiring reading, especially given that we've got more games to come against teams above us in the table. We have the 2nd hardest next 4 fixtures of all teams in the division.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    A hot head, unable to control emotion or think logically under pressure. Who got in his managers face on the side line because he couldn't control himself. Nah

Experienced as a player... Who isn't at his age.
    Played under good managers... That could be thousands of players and no doubt a lot of them have played under better managers.
    Respected as a player, maybe.... We need a manager, the transition is not as easy.
    Motivate..... Does he or does he just shout a lot? Morrison is captain for a reason, people listen to him. If you work with someone who just shouts and shouts and moans and moans you soon block them out.
    A lot of players have played under good managers, means nothing. A integllent? No idea
    Badges... A lot of players take their badges.
    Don't get me wrong, I absolutely don't think that Sol Bamba should be our next manager, he just answered the question with a bunch of reasonable justifications