+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Manager

New Manager

It's hard to identify a candidate in the current market.
    Who will it be, how soon can he be put in place and is it too late to do anything this season?

Is Sol Bamber ready to be given a chance ? Interim position at least maybe.

Re: New Manager

Nigel Pearson or Mark Hughes for me.

Paul Cook.

It will be someone cheap and desperate for work

Gazza as his number 2 ?

What about the bloke who got Fulham promoted the tme before last ?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    What about the bloke who got Fulham promoted the tme before last ?
    Isn't he at West Brom?

I'm thinking Mark Hughes.
    Do it by Saturday!

I'm thinking Mark Hughes.
    Do it by Saturday!
    Hughes never won promotion with Fulham. Keegan did back in 2000. In fact, Hughes has never won promotion as a manager, though not managing lower than Premier League level might be a reason for that!

Hughes record as a manager is one of perpetual failure. Nigel Pearson would be a good shout.

It’ll be Bamba I reckon.

What about that painter/decorator fella ?

He could paper over the cracks.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It will be someone cheap and desperate for work
    Mehmet and Choo as co-managers

Eddie Howe is being suggested and that'd seem a great option to me. A history of getting promotion and staying there.
    It'd please a certain section who were always after Sir Niel too because he's definitely more inclined to possession and holding the midfield.
    It'd be nice to move up a notch rather than appoint a less prestigious budget choice and this'd fit the bill.

Eddie Howe is being suggested and that'd seem a great option to me. A history of getting promotion and staying there.
    It'd please a certain section who were always after Sir Niel too because he's definitely more inclined to possession and holding the midfield.
    It'd be nice to move up a notch rather than appoint a less prestigious budget choice and this'd fit the bill.
    Didn't he fail at Burnley ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Hughes never won promotion with Fulham. Keegan did back in 2000. In fact, Hughes has never won promotion as a manager, though not managing lower than Premier League level might be a reason for that!

No two separate things. I was thinking of the little beardy bloke with the suit , although someone said he's changed his appearance and got a gig with WBA ,( wonder if they know it's the same bloke).

Anyway, that's all academic now because I've now changed my mind and more or less decided on Eddie Howe.
    In fact unless I hear from Klopp or Mourhino by Saturday I'm gong to call Vince and tell him to just go with that.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Didn't he fail at Burnley ?
    Did he?
    Well perhaps you should have mentioned this before. Too late now anyway, my minds made up and he'll just have to remember that whatever he did at Burnley, not to do it again.

Did he?
    Well perhaps you should have mentioned this before. Too late now anyway, my minds made up and he'll just have to remember that whatever he did at Burnley, not to do it again.
    That's very insightful, I wish you were chairman.

Someone vaguely realistic would be Alex Neil at PNE. Half their squad is out of contract in the summer, he could bring some of them here and he's a safe pair of hands. We're a bigger club than Preston, and they've got a major rebuild unless Davies, Hughes, Pearson, Browne and Johnson sign new deals. Would we pay to get him? Probably not. Is he the answer? Probably not .

Is Sol Bamber ready to be given a chance ? Interim position at least maybe.
    Based on what?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Based on what?
    I was gong to say something amusing ,but seriously I do think Sols got a future in coaching - management. He's an unparalleled motivator with a wealth of experience and a good brain. He's doing all his badges and stuff and like anyone he's got to start somewhere.

It's almost a shame to spoil the jokey mood of the thread but it is a serious issue in reality and in that spirit I'm backing Sol 100% for future management but I'm not sure he's ready yet , or that he should start with such a big job. No, I think ,and still being serious, that Eddie Howe would be the ideal man for the job. He can use the high quality players we've got to produce the consistent high quality football they're obviously capable of and his history shows that he knows how to produce over a long period of time, not just occasional winning runs.

I was gong to say something amusing ,but seriously I do think Sols got a future in coaching - management. He's an unparalleled motivator with a wealth of experience and a good brain. He's doing all his badges and stuff and like anyone he's got to start somewhere.

It's almost a shame to spoil the jokey mood of the thread but it is a serious issue in reality and in that spirit I'm backing Sol 100% for future management but I'm not sure he's ready yet , or that he should start with such a big job. No, I think ,and still being serious, that Eddie Howe would be the ideal man for the job. He can use the high quality players we've got to produce the consistent high quality football they're obviously capable of and his history shows that he knows how to produce over a long period of time, not just occasional winning runs.
    Got to start somewhere - absolutely yes
    somewhere should be a championship level club first team - probably not

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Got to start somewhere - absolutely yes
    somewhere should be a championship level club first team - probably not

Which is really what i went on to say, but you know as an interim appointment until there's someone in place it might work for everyone. Good on his CV and a statement of intent.
    He can't do any worse than Mr Harris over a few games and maybe the novelty factor would get a few good results in the mean time.

You're definitely right though that we need a more established man as soon as possible. We really should be very near the top with the players we've got but it's probably too late to even think of automatic promotion this season. However, it's also probably not impossible to reach the play offs with a more professional set up. Can't EXPECT that from the new manager at this stage but might happen if we act quickly and it could certainly be turned round by next season.

'Unparalleled motivator' - what are you basing that on? He's possibly got the loudest voice in the defence when he plays, but I see no evidence of his motivational skills. Fans love him, yes, but that's no reason to think he can turn our performances around.