+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Manager

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: New Manager

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I was gong to say something amusing ,but seriously I do think Sols got a future in coaching - management. He's an unparalleled motivator with a wealth of experience and a good brain. He's doing all his badges and stuff and like anyone he's got to start somewhere.

It's almost a shame to spoil the jokey mood of the thread but it is a serious issue in reality and in that spirit I'm backing Sol 100% for future management but I'm not sure he's ready yet , or that he should start with such a big job. No, I think ,and still being serious, that Eddie Howe would be the ideal man for the job. He can use the high quality players we've got to produce the consistent high quality football they're obviously capable of and his history shows that he knows how to produce over a long period of time, not just occasional winning runs.
    Got to start somewhere - absolutely yes
    somewhere should be a championship level club first team - probably not

Re: New Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Got to start somewhere - absolutely yes
    somewhere should be a championship level club first team - probably not

Which is really what i went on to say, but you know as an interim appointment until there's someone in place it might work for everyone. Good on his CV and a statement of intent.
    He can't do any worse than Mr Harris over a few games and maybe the novelty factor would get a few good results in the mean time.

You're definitely right though that we need a more established man as soon as possible. We really should be very near the top with the players we've got but it's probably too late to even think of automatic promotion this season. However, it's also probably not impossible to reach the play offs with a more professional set up. Can't EXPECT that from the new manager at this stage but might happen if we act quickly and it could certainly be turned round by next season.