+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Manager

Re: New Manager

Paul Cook is the realistic option.

Giggs should beat them all to the role and make a good fist of it .

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Paul Cook is the realistic option.
    I wouldn't mind Cook, did a good job at Wigan

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I wouldn't mind Cook, did a good job at Wigan
    Feast or famine, most fans wanted him sacked at xmas and then was on promotion form after it!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Not like you to make a crass joke about the physical abuse of women. Totally out of character!

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    It's hard to identify a candidate in the current market.
    Who will it be, how soon can he be put in place and is it too late to do anything this season?

Is Sol Bamber ready to be given a chance ? Interim position at least maybe.
    Wait a second.....

There are ACTUALLY people (on this board!) who think Harris is going to turn this around!

So Hilts and JR Hartley aren’t going to be happy about this thread. 😂😂😂😂

When was the last time we had a manager who left something behind beyond the playing staff itself ?

This club is long due a manager that can look beyond the short-term, first eleven. I think Harris is probably trying to do something like this, but it doesn't seem to working and it isn't obvious in which direction this "project" is going.

Howe would be a good candidate for someone who could instil a culture. Hughes less so. I like Hughes, but Howe is still a youngish manager with what appears to be a modern approach to managing a football club.

The only problem is that Howe doesn't fit the boards cheap, yes-man profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Hughes record as a manager is one of perpetual failure. Nigel Pearson would be a good shout.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Hey Spedge,I told you Nigel Pearson soon as Warnock left. You didn't agree with me then lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Wait a second.....

There are ACTUALLY people (on this board!) who think Harris is going to turn this around!

So Hilts and JR Hartley aren’t going to be happy about this thread. ��������
    Wish he could've turned it round but he can't. Every opportunity was there but he couldn't connect with the players. Sometimes it just goes like that and it's a shame but there it is. He's had bad luck, I'll give him that but he's got nowhere to go wth this strange and constantly changing system. It's been proven not to work by now and he hasn't got any other ideas.
    When he's blaming the players publicly that means he doesn't know what the problem is so he can't solve it.

They're good players and it's not their fault if he wants to lay them in some whacky system. To rage against them when it doesn't work is an act if desperation and I should think it's alienated them completely by now.

Pearson wouldn’t be a bad shout, can’t imagine players not putting in a shift under him? What the hell will he make of Murphy?

Exactly the same as someone like Pullis would, he would motivate him to get the best out of him by demanding he ups his performance

Hows about

Bellamy and Bamba

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Hows about

Bellamy and Bamba
    Sounds like a couple from Dancing on Ice or Strictly

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Hows about

Bellamy and Bamba
    Much as we all love Craig Bellamy and that's why the club tried to bring him on as a coach, I'm afraid he hasn't got the temperament for it. You can't represent any big club or organisation and go round saying anything you lke without thinking about it.

I definitely think Sol could do it in the future though and I'd love to see that. In the immediate future though we need someone with experience and technical knowledge and Howe seems ideal as the man to repeat what he did st Bournemouth and get us into and established in the Premieship . That's the next stage.

Much as we all love Craig Bellamy and that's why the club tried to bring him on as a coach, I'm afraid he hasn't got the temperament for it. You can't represent any big club or organisation and go round saying anything you lke without thinking about it.

I definitely think Sol could do it in the future though and I'd love to see that. In the immediate future though we need someone with experience and technical knowledge and Howe seems ideal as the man to repeat what he did st Bournemouth and get us into and established in the Premieship . That's the next stage.
    I think he would be an excellent choice . His football knowledge is top drawer. If you weren't putting a shift in he would soon let you know.

Wait a minute ... he's from Cardiff ... oh we wouldn't want that .Would we?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I think he would be an excellent choice . His football knowledge is top drawer. If you weren't putting a shift in he would soon let you know.

Wait a minute ... he's from Cardiff ... oh we wouldn't want that .Would we?
    Do you not think it's too soon given that he left the club, I hope I get the wording right, after an investigation into bullying that found our internal practices left a lot to be desired? He will be an excellent manager, hopefully a Cardiff City manager and I'm sure he has learnt from the experience, but isn't it too soon?

I think his temperament is fine and that he's a really intelligent footballing man.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    When was the last time we had a manager who left something behind beyond the playing staff itself ?
    Probably Lennie Lawrence, just a shame we had to sell everybody the following

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

It's hard to identify a candidate in the current market.
    Who will it be, how soon can he be put in place and is it too late to do anything this season?

Is Sol Bamber ready to be given a chance ? Interim position at least maybe.
    More likely to be Jeremy Bamber, if he given day release

Genuine question, why do some people think Bamba would be an astute manager? I feel like I've missed something, why him particularly?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Genuine question, why do some people think Bamba would be an astute manager? I feel like I've missed something, why him particularly?

We don't know do we until he gets to try, but he's got all the ingredients in my opinion. Whether I'm right or wrong about that I can't be certain , and only time would tell.

By the way, I'm afraid I don't think one victory against Luton is enough to say that the situation regards this subject has changed very much. I sincerely hope it has though .

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Yeah I find it odd.

We don't know do we until he gets to try, but he's got all the ingredients in my opinion. Whether I'm right or wrong about that I can't be certain , and only time would tell.
    but based on what? what about Sol Bamba are the ingredients to make a good manager?