+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Out of interest, is anyone surprised at tonight's performance and result?

Out of interest, is anyone surprised at tonight's performance and result?

I'm not. Not at all.

Re: Out of interest, is anyone surprised at tonight's performance and result?

I thought wed win.
    I think we will win the next 2.

I'm surprised how bad it was. We've been bad this season but that was gutless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I'm surprised how bad it was. We've been bad this season but that was gutless.
    same.

I'm struggling to remember the last time we conceded a goal as bad as the one we did this evening.

I thought we'd win - Coventry are woeful

I did not expect that sh1t show

It was truly dreadful - they wee utterly clueless against an awful side - we are in big trouble

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I'm struggling to remember the last time we conceded a goal as bad as the one we did this evening.
    Ralls pass bounced three times, morrison played the man (when he should've played the ball) in the hope that smithies would rush out and slam the ball in to touch. None of that happened. Farce.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Ralls pass bounced three times, morrison played the man (when he should've played the ball) in the hope that smithies would rush out and slam the ball in to touch. None of that happened. Farce.
    I don't know why Morrison didn't just smash it row Z. When the three players you've mentioned are having stinkers, you know we've got big problems.

I really did think after his interview the other day that we would get a proper performance out of the side tonight.
    Like NH was backed into a corner and that he would unleash his creative players on a star struck Coventry who have been garbage thus far.
    Not a bit of it.
    The players performed like they hadn't played together before, all the signs are there that it is just not working.
    The feeling of inevitability happened quickly tonight.

I really do hope that those players have a good look at themselves and realise that they have let their manager down and by some miracle put in two performances which see us pick up maximum points.
    If they don't then I am sorry to say that there'll be no more talking about top six, we shall be looking down and not up.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm not. Not at all.
    Sadly the writing was on the wall after the Northampton defeat.

Imagine the fans reactions had they been able to attend games.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Sadly the writing was on the wall after the Northampton defeat.
    Spot on.

We had a decent side out and got hammered by a team that are now 16th in League 1, and have won just 4 out of 14 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm not. Not at all.
    I was.

I think this squad is considerably overrated. However, I thought Coventry would be ideal opponents at this point in time, just as Barnsley were a few weeks ago. I expected the likes of Moore, Wilson and Hoilett to do well against the worst defence in the division. I expected City to win 2-0. I was surprised by how poor the performance was according to the reports.

I dont think the reports on how bad we were could actually paint the true story, you'd be hard pressed to think of the Mark's you would score any of them after that performance.
    Players not interested or responding to the manager can only mean one thing
    In my view there is something definitely wrong in the camp and as the responsibility ultimately is down to the manager .
    The results show he isn't the right man for the job

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I dont think the reports on how bad we were could actually paint the true story, you'd be hard pressed to think of the Mark's you would score any of them after that performance.
    In my view there is something definitely wrong in the camp and as the responsibility ultimately is down to the manager .
    Or he could be the right man for the job, but the players are shite.
    To suggest they are downing tools, is also suggesting they have tools to down .
    It seems to be the modern get out clause now, to blame ‘losing the dressing room” instead of admitting a squad is lacking in ability and quality.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    He has definetly lost the dressing room. I just hope we move quickly now to get someone else in, a lot of games coming thick and fast and I can't see where the next win is coming from based on that performance. Don't want the board to wait until we are sitting in the relagation zone, get rid now and let Bamba take temporary charge... Doesn't matter that he doesn't have the experience yet, we'll get a response for a few games.
    Wilson must be on the phone to his agent trying to get out of his loan deal!!

Yes, I was surprised at it. Up until last night, I thought we were going to click into gear soon and, even if we didn't make it into the top six, we would be top ten by the time the season finished, but now I'm concerned - given what was said in the build up to last night's match, I'm thinking in terms of a relegation struggle for the first time.

We made Coventry look good, even though they were pretty dire. At least they tried. That said, I did think we would come away with 3 points before the match. Hoillet seems incapable of getting around a player any more. Murphy never could. Lofting the ball to Kieffer all the time shows how one dimensional we are. Even if he does win it.....then what? City are degenerating into a parks team. The contrast between the end of last season and the start of this is huge. Whatever happened with NML seems to have upset the team, their relationship with Harris (slagging them off publicly after Northampton has set the tone) and their confidence. Look where Boro are now. Two teams that have flipped league positions in a matter of months. Harris's time is up. If not, League One beckons.
    Last edited by IanD; 26-11-20 at 08:50. Reason: Altering autocorrect sp error

Playing out from the back, passing to people with their back to the attacking team, we're not Manchester City, we're Cardiff Shitty.

Stop trying to play out from the back.

I wasn't surprised at all we've looked pretty shite all season and however Harris juggled the starting line up we are punchless going forward creating very few chances so as soon as we concede a point is the best you can hope for.
    No pace in the whole side trying to play slick passing football but we are too slow to do that and then we soon run out of ideas.

Yes, surprised.

I thought we'd see it all click over these 3 games and pick up 7/9 pts. Very wrong.

The lack of desire was obvious. It seems Harris has lost them.

We supposedly had three shots on target in 90 minutes but I can't say I remember them.

It was a gutless clueless crock of crap,Harris the buck stops with you.

I was. Coventry were probably our poorest opponents so far this season, their keeper was weak, they gave the ball away as much as us and lumped the ball forward more than we did under Warnock but we were worse. Every change Harris made made us worse.