+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dalman OUT Choo OUT

Re: Dalman OUT Choo OUT

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Given all of the evidence since 2013, do people seriously believe that a club owned and controlled by Vincent Tan is ever going to appoint a genuine Director of Football and give such a person any real influence?
    Vincent does know a really good painter-decorator though.

I'm sure the current managerial consultant at Stevenage would be interested in the DoF role.

Given all of the evidence since 2013, do people seriously believe that a club owned and controlled by Vincent Tan is ever going to appoint a genuine Director of Football and give such a person any real influence?
    You're probably right, but who knows really?
    He must be aware that it is an area we are deficient in, as it is a model that so many clubs are using these days.

He had an interest in LAFC for a while, who seemed to be using this kind of approach to great success.
    And when they appointed Trollope they were making noises about being stats driven etc, but all that went out the window within 12 games and we went as far in the opposite direction as possible and appointed Warnock.

No, I don't.

I think he wants people in charge who dance to his tune and anything that veers away from total control will not be something he will explore. A Director of Football would be exactly this. It would mean Vincent putting faith in and trusting somebody else. I'm not sure he is willing to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    You're probably right, but who knows really?
    He must be aware that it is an area we are deficient in, as it is a model that so many clubs are using these days.

He had an interest in LAFC for a while, who seemed to be using this kind of approach to great success.
    And when they appointed Trollope they were making noises about being stats driven etc, but all that went out the window within 12 games and we went as far in the opposite direction as possible and appointed Warnock.
    Trollope never really wanted the job and it showed. It was bloody awful. The one thing this lot have got right is hiring Warnock in 2016. Letting him stay after relegation is another matter.

I think that Dalman & co need to put a statement out after last nights debacle, either back him or sack him. the rumblings need to be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I think that Dalman & co need to put a statement out after last nights debacle, either back him or sack him. the rumblings need to be addressed.
    If you back him, you might as well sack him. Everyone knows a vote of confidence means only one thing, a vote of no confidence. Harris has two games to turn this round, I think he should go if we lose to Luton. If we go into Watford, Stoke then Swansea playing like this we might as well give up. He won't get past the Swansea game, if we lose that one and are 18th or whatever, that's it. I think he'll be gone sooner but that game is the backstop, we're either improving or he's done.

For what it's worth, I have lost a lot of respect for the players. I don't care who the manager is, the gutless and spineless performances we've seen of late (of which last night was truly in a class of it's own) cannot be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If you back him, you might as well sack him. Everyone knows a vote of confidence means only one thing, a vote of no confidence. Harris has two games to turn this round, I think he should go if we lose to Luton. If we go into Watford, Stoke then Swansea playing like this we might as well give up. He won't get past the Swansea game, if we lose that one and are 18th or whatever, that's it. I think he'll be gone sooner but that game is the backstop, we're either improving or he's done.

For what it's worth, I have lost a lot of respect for the players. I don't care who the manager is, the gutless and spineless performances we've seen of late (of which last night was truly in a class of it's own) cannot be ignored.
    As a squad we're a mess. Harris tried to add some 'class' to the side, but it hasn't really made us better because to play decent football you need to start from the back : Bacuna, Pack, Ralls, Vaulks, Whyte - enough said. If we do get it on the deck it's out wide to Wilson or Hoillet, for a cross into either Moore or Glatzel. That's the sum total. We can't play slick football to cut open defences, and Harris has realised this, so he's opting for as many balls into the box as we can muster. It's so easy for even the worst Championship defences to defend..