+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My choice for city,s next manager would be....

My choice for city,s next manager would be....

Charlton manager of Wycombe manager both names escape me at the moment.
    Both barely cheap.

Re: My choice for city,s next manager would be....

Mine would be Cooper, just down the road

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Agreed, he’s doing a brilliant job with no money, he is a Ponty Bluebird in disguise and he would like to get away from the Yanks and Jacks!

Nigel Pearson

Not Bamba. Cant believe the number of people wanting him to be appointed.
    Nigel Pearson for me.

It will be someone cheap and desperate for a job.

I would like Howe to be the next manager but can't see that happening some how.
    Harris really ought to go now before we are in a relegation scrap battling to stay in
    the Championship division.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    YOSSER HUGHES

https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/se...7&action=click

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Agreed, he’s doing a brilliant job with no money, he is a Ponty Bluebird in disguise and he would like to get away from the Yanks and Jacks!
    You have to take into account the players he has available can actually play the game. What would he be like with the lot down Sloper Road?

I'd be happy with Jokanivic

I hope we look beyond mangers from this country, as foreign managers actually have a very god track record in the championship.

5 out of the last 9 promoted managers from this league have been foreign, and that is a much higher proportion than there are foriegn managers in the league.

Get someone up and coming who plays a high pressing style.
    Someone like the Eibar or Sassuolo managers (although I don't think we could get either as they are already linked with bigger jobs)

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    You have to take into account the players he has available can actually play the game. What would he be like with the lot down Sloper Road?
    Difference being he has a look at his squad and fills glaring holes.

Harris came in and had an alarming lack of talent in the middle of the park with many similar players and we were woefully short at right back. 12 months on we have exactly the same issues.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Difference being he has a look at his squad and fills glaring holes.

Harris came in and had an alarming lack of talent in the middle of the park with many similar players and we were woefully short at right back. 12 months on we have exactly the same issues.
    We also had to address the striker problem, and replace NML at short notice, replace an ageing sol bamba
    It was just too much to do in a very short window

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    We also had to address the striker problem, and replace NML at short notice, replace an ageing sol bamba
    It was just too much to do in a very short window
    It was 12 months. He had two full windows and the Covid lay off to look at it all and he came up with what he has now.

He has gone from blowing smoke up a lot of players back ends to now questioning their commitment and performance levels. If he hasn't worked this out in 12 months then he never will.

While I understand what you mean with the Striker situation and NML we had cover in those positions. The central midfield was a more pressing issue and even more so the right back situation which is still going on.

Do you think he'd be able to play possession football here?

Not a chance personally

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    And mine . Doing a top job.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Not Bamba. Cant believe the number of people wanting him to be appointed.
    Nigel Pearson for me.
    Bamba would be a great manager .

Apparently he has passion ..............................................

I would like one of those crazy Turkish managers

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    I would like one of those crazy Turkish managers
    That might be a delight

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    It was 12 months. He had two full windows and the Covid lay off to look at it all and he came up with what he has now.

He has gone from blowing smoke up a lot of players back ends to now questioning their commitment and performance levels. If he hasn't worked this out in 12 months then he never will.

While I understand what you mean with the Striker situation and NML we had cover in those positions. The central midfield was a more pressing issue and even more so the right back situation which is still going on.
    our central midfielders were basically the only area where we weren't going to lose players to contract expiration, so to get anyone new in we would need to sell first , and as nice as it'd be to get some fresh blood in that area we will have bigger priorities the next summer as well.
    we lose hoilett, Cunningham and Bennett, and ojo, tutu and Wilson, so basically the entirety of each flank. that will probably mean we won't be able to address centre mid as well

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    I would like Howe to be the next manager but can't see that happening some how.
    Harris really ought to go now before we are in a relegation scrap battling to stay in
    the Championship division.
    He spent a lot at Bournemouth didn’t he?

Wasn’t long ago they were moaning like hell about him

Paul Cook, did a fab job at Wigan who were robbed, by a dodgy new owner and toothless due diligence check by authorities, of a mid table and rapidly improving finish

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Paul Cook, did a fab job at Wigan who were robbed, by a dodgy new owner and toothless due diligence check by authorities, of a mid table and rapidly improving finish
    Accrington Stanley: 14th in League 2
    Chesterfield: 8th in League 2, League 2 champions, League 1 play-offs
    Portsmouth: League 2 champions
    Wigan Athletic: League 1 champions, Championship midtable finish (relegated on basis of points deduction).

Experience (productive experience) of playing with our starting striker, over 100 games at last three clubs and greater than 40% winning percentage at each of them. I'd assess there being a realistic chance he'd be interested and it's a manager deserving of another crack at Championship football, but how does his team set up and will he show same interest in developing youth?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Russell Slade then!