+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harry Wilson and body language

Re: Harry Wilson and body language

I do like him as a player and think he will have a decent Premier league career but I think as a fan base we are probably expecting a bit too much from him. Way people go on about him you would think we had managed to get Bale.

He's still fairly young and still has a fair bit to prove himself, hence why he's on loan here, he didn't sign for us as we are his boyhood club, but were one of the better offers, if not the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I do like him as a player and think he will have a decent Premier league career but I think as a fan base we are probably expecting a bit too much from him. Way people go on about him you would think we had managed to get Bale.

He's still fairly young and still has a fair bit to prove himself, hence why he's on loan here, he didn't sign for us as we are his boyhood club, but were one of the better offers, if not the best.
    As there's no like button, I'll just say agreed.

I agree. He's a great player at this level but he's not going to lift us on his own, especially when we don't pass him the ball

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I agree. He's a great player at this level but he's not going to lift us on his own, especially when we don't pass him the ball
    To some extents, Tomlin did lift us on his own last season, particularly after lockdown. Tomlin was the difference between finishing in the playoffs and not.

I would expect Wilson to make a similar impact, in some ways he has already, otherwise Tomlin would be ahead of him in the pecking order when he's fit (if).

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Simple passes were going into touch, of course he was frustrated

I don't mind players showing frustration, shows they care
    Depends on the level pf frustration and who it's aimed at. It could be construed that Wilson is showing dis- satisfaction with team mates as a way of deflecting any criticism towards him, after all, he had a shitter as well. Nothing wrong with being frustrated, but there is something wrong when it's indirectly aimed towards your fellow team mates, it's arrogant and it's wilsons way of removing himself from what is going wrong, even though he's a part of that. He's a good player, but not good enough to 'out' his team mates on the pitch, if that's what he was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    To some extents, Tomlin did lift us on his own last season, particularly after lockdown. Tomlin was the difference between finishing in the playoffs and not.

I would expect Wilson to make a similar impact, in some ways he has already, otherwise Tomlin would be ahead of him in the pecking order when he's fit (if).
    Our players were high on confidence and playing better, with Tomlin adding the x-factor. We can't even complete 5 yard passes at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think even people within the game see Cardiff in the Play Offs, winning promotions, playing in front of 20,000 crowds and assume we have players of a certain level of ability when the truth is we had players even when we were in the Premier League who are below average by Championship standards when it comes to basic aspects of the game such as giving and receiving simple looking passes. It's only when they come to play with us that it becomes clear how much we have relied on physicality, set pieces drills and spirit when obtaining what success we've had in the past decade when, basically, we've played regimented long ball stuff most of the time. I doubt it if Harry Wilson has ever played in a team which featured so many players who are uncomfortable in possession and struggle to give and receive good passes in his football career as he is having to play with now - he's bound to get frustrated at times and there must be a fear that we'll drag him down to our level.
    As I've mentioned before I do wonder why we brought him in. He's the sort of player you add to a footballing side who need that bit of extra quality. We have almost zero quality - a couple of solid, capable, skilfull centre midfielders would have been my preference..

I'd like to think he was frustrated that things are just not working at the moment.
    But to be fair, we should be building the side around him - he's just being wasted as things are.

I'll go with his frustration was down to a desire born from a desire for things to work for himself , if thats the case at least he cares .

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    He wouldn't get in a Splott Park team
    So its just not me who think he is total garbage then

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Our players were high on confidence and playing better, with Tomlin adding the x-factor. We can't even complete 5 yard passes at the moment.
    That is true. The amount of lift this team needs is beyond the likes of Bale and Messi.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He looked frustrated. And so he should. It was awful to watch and couldn't have been much fun to play in. I don't think I remember seeing a game where so many players made so many individual errors, like failing to trap the ball, letting it run out of play, etc. I usually try not to read too much into situations like this and pretend I know what the players are thinking. But, it really did look like there were players out there who simply didn't care and weren't bothering.
    I watched a TNS vs Barry game on S4C recently. The players were strong in possession giving nothing away, accurate passing, moving forward rather than side-to-side/backwards, end to end stuff. Overall the standard was excellent - either side would have thrashed the current City team!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I watched a TNS vs Barry game on S4C recently. The players were strong in possession giving nothing away, accurate passing, moving forward rather than side-to-side/backwards, end to end stuff. Overall the standard was excellent - either side would have thrashed the current City team!
    We're bad at the moment but let's not go too over the top.

We're bad at the moment but let's not go too over the top.
    Exactly - either side would have thrashed the City on current form! If you get a chance to see the game on catch up I can recommend it (not sure if that's possible on S4C?).

what a ridiculous thing to say

Exactly - either side would have thrashed the City on current form! If you get a chance to see the game on catch up I can recommend it (not sure if that's possible on S4C?).
    The same Barry Town filled with ex-City academy players who weren't good enough for us? We're in poor form and the Welsh Prem is improving but lets not be ridiculous

We would absolutely murder them. It would be a farce.