+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Harry Wilson and body language

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Harry Wilson and body language

I think even people within the game see Cardiff in the Play Offs, winning promotions, playing in front of 20,000 crowds and assume we have players of a certain level of ability when the truth is we had players even when we were in the Premier League who are below average by Championship standards when it comes to basic aspects of the game such as giving and receiving simple looking passes. It's only when they come to play with us that it becomes clear how much we have relied on physicality, set pieces drills and spirit when obtaining what success we've had in the past decade when, basically, we've played regimented long ball stuff most of the time. I doubt it if Harry Wilson has ever played in a team which featured so many players who are uncomfortable in possession and struggle to give and receive good passes in his football career as he is having to play with now - he's bound to get frustrated at times and there must be a fear that we'll drag him down to our level.

Re: Harry Wilson and body language

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think even people within the game see Cardiff in the Play Offs, winning promotions, playing in front of 20,000 crowds and assume we have players of a certain level of ability when the truth is we had players even when we were in the Premier League who are below average by Championship standards when it comes to basic aspects of the game such as giving and receiving simple looking passes. It's only when they come to play with us that it becomes clear how much we have relied on physicality, set pieces drills and spirit when obtaining what success we've had in the past decade when, basically, we've played regimented long ball stuff most of the time. I doubt it if Harry Wilson has ever played in a team which featured so many players who are uncomfortable in possession and struggle to give and receive good passes in his football career as he is having to play with now - he's bound to get frustrated at times and there must be a fear that we'll drag him down to our level.
    As I've mentioned before I do wonder why we brought him in. He's the sort of player you add to a footballing side who need that bit of extra quality. We have almost zero quality - a couple of solid, capable, skilfull centre midfielders would have been my preference..