There aren't many teams who rebuild without a) spending a lot of money and/or b) promoting their best youth players who can make a difference in the league they're in. While I argued that Warnock shouldn't have been sacked immediately after relegation, because the board needed time to ensure right successor brought in, the way he spent money in that window and the way he didn't develop for the future really left us in a mess, and I wished the local press would say so rather than just quoting him when he says he left a magnificent squad. We have been a sticky plaster club for most of the past 10 years, Malky's first season aside, but hopefully the brief Harris was given tells us that is changing - even if he is the wrong man to carry out that brief.

Part of the issue, as far as I can tell, is that youth team have been brought up to play with the ball but most of our recent managers (at least in years at the club) have wanted to play risk-free football. It's not just managerial appointments that have been disjointed, but again local press report that Cardiff fans won't accept players looking to pass out from the back.