Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
If you run a business, surely it's standard practice to see what other similar businesses are doing, what they do successfully, what hasn't worked, and copy/tweak to suit. If lots of us fans can suggest what is wrong, how on earth can supposedly top businessmen not see it?
I go back to this feeling that the top echelons at the club believe that Cardiff City have a tradition of playing direct, long ball football of the sort we've played since around the time we appointed Malky Mackay and it's what the club's supporters want to see from their team. In my experience, Cardiff City fans have always wanted their team to give their all and "get stuck in" type players have tended to be popular with supporters down the years.

However, you only have to read some of the posts on here looking back on the Dave Jones years to realise that there is also a recognition and appreciation of players who could get them out of their seats because of their ability, not their slide tackles. I've had more than enough of the sort of stuff we been producing for the last ten years and always groan when we go back to our default setting of launching it long or relying on set pieces when we're struggling, as we so often do, to produce anything worthwhile from open play.

Neil Harris talks about us and Millwall having fans who want the same things from their teams and I know what he means up to a point, but when we were leaving the ground on one of those days when Bothroyd, Chopra. McCormack, Burke, McPhail, Whittingham etc had turned it on was there anybody who was saying "yes, but we didn't win enough second balls, didn't impose ourselves enough physically and didn't take advantage of our set pieces enough?".