+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If Harris is sacked..

Re: If Harris is sacked..

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    FFS, he turned off GSTQ
    Not so, why don't you find out what his father said that happened, how the kid was ignored, singled out and spoken about by Bellamy in a derogatory way to the other apprentices.

Love Sol but what makes anyone think he’s going to be any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    First black manager of a pro sports team in Wales?
    Which would be excellent, progress. I'd actually like to see him given a shot at it, i think Dalman would just see it as a cheap option.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I don't know whether he'd be any good, we may find out though if things go badly tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Someone has to do the job, and I would assume Harris' staff will go if he does. Bamba is doing his A licence too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Someone has to do the job, and I would assume Harris' staff will go if he does. Bamba is doing his A licence too.
    Yeah, why not, plenty of other clubs have given senior players a chance, and he's french, what more could we ask for

a million dollar question but personally go for a foreign manager or coach who play the passing / pressing game

for a home grown I would go for giggs if he got booted out of the wales job

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    a million dollar question but personally go for a foreign manager or coach who play the passing / pressing game

for a home grown I would go for giggs if he got booted out of the wales job
    If Giggs gets sacked by Wales, he'll probably be found guilty, so I don't think it's the greatest idea that we'd hire him.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If Giggs is found found guilty, he'll probably get sacked by Wales so I don't think it's the greatest idea that we'd hire him.
    Adjusted for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    First black manager of a pro sports team in Wales?

I like the sound of that, who would assist though as he would need someone with experience at his side, what's old Lenny doing these days ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I like the sound of that, who would assist though as he would need someone with experience at his side, what's old Lenny doing these days ?
    Bring Trollope back as assistant if he isn’t with Hughton at Forest? Seems to be a better assistant than manager.

Or Osian Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Not so, why don't you find out what his father said that happened, how the kid was ignored, singled out and spoken about by Bellamy in a derogatory way to the other apprentices.

So you believe some unhappy ingalunder over a Welshman!!!

I don’t !!!

It’s about opinions and mine is the kid wasn’t good enough

Obviously wasn't good enough as he went somewhere like FGR and they let him go.
    Maybe he was the most talented player there but lacked application and Bellamy had tried everything to get the best out of him, or maybe it was just sour grapes and easier to blame the coach because of his lack of ability, who knows, theres two sides to every story

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Maybe he was the most talented player there but lacked application and Bellamy had tried everything to get the best out of him, or maybe it was just sour grapes and easier to blame the coach because of his lack of ability, who knows, theres two sides to every story

Exactly Ian

How’s all the family ?

Paul Cook is a realistic shout as long as he would be prepared to work with our owner - I'm afraid that's a consideration when we're at a stage where there's speculation about a new manager coming in and always will be while Vincent Tan is at the club.

I think I saw Alfie Madden play for us about five times and, to be honest, he made little or no impression on me - he wasn't absolutely hopeless, but he certainly didn't spring to mind as someone who had a chance of making it in the game. Madden's lack of success since he left City suggests that any bullying by Craig Bellamy wasn't what was holding him back here, although, of course, it couldn't have made life any easier for him at Cardiff.

As for what he's doing now, this Alfie Madden certainly looks like him;-

http://www.gmcbulldogs.com/sports/ms...p?view=profile

Clubs going through a rebuild usually reach for the cheque-book or look to their youth team and noises coming out of the club suggest we're more likely to do the latter; clubs looking for change in manager have recently promoted a long serving internal candidate or sought a youth coach who is ready to take step up with the youth players/has connections to the best young players at the top clubs.

Bellamy would have been perfect but that won't happen until he's finished his three year deal in Belgium, too many difficult questions otherwise, but if the jacks can have a bluebird in charge why not reverse this and bring a Toshack home - Cameron Toshack?

I think it's more realistic that we're shopping for someone who has been around the block and can work with lesser support from the board in terms of football structure. That probably puts us in the Eddie Howe (too expensive) or Paul Cook market.

(it's even more realistic that Harris gets positive outcome from next couple of games and is not sacked though. He does seem to be a manager who goes on runs of good results).

Him not being good enough doesnt mean he wasn't getting bullied. Maybe he was bullied and made an example of because he knew he wasn't going to make it.