+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cardiff gangs using knives......

Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    'Gypo' knock it on the head, will you.
    They're gypo scum, plain and simple. I got to know several when I lived in Splott and drank in The Bertram. They are probably nice to you because they can get something out of you with regard to your occupation

and so it goes on tonight in cardiff city centre

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-...23#source=push

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    They're gypo scum, plain and simple. I got to know several when I lived in Splott and drank in The Bertram. They are probably nice to you because they can get something out of you with regard to your occupation
    They get **** all out of me, believe me! I have more problems in my job in Pentrebane and Llanedeyrn, especially in the flats and a lovely place called lavender grove. Good and bad everywhere, the traveller community have always been fine with me.

International

They get **** all out of me, believe me! I have more problems in my job in Pentrebane and Llanedeyrn, especially in the flats and a lovely place called lavender grove. Good and bad everywhere, the traveller community have always been fine with me.
    I know Lavender Grove. not the best place in this city.
    It defeats me how councils can build places like this and honestly believe everything will be fine. It invariably isn't.
    There are 'Lavender Groves' everywhere and the people who build them never learn.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I know Lavender Grove. not the best place in this city.
    It defeats me how councils can build places like this and honestly believe everything will be fine. It invariably isn't.
    There are 'Lavender Groves' everywhere and the people who build them never learn.
    Is that in Pentrebane where the lovely leather bottle pub used to be?

Fair enough. But perhaps it's because they see you on a regular basis, you've become familiar to them?

I used to like a Sunday drink in the Rompney Castle, Rumney, on a Sunday afternoon. They could behave like asseholes at times - flicking peanuts at people who were just having a quiet pint on their own and generally just being loud and obnoxious.

Same with the ones who used to frequent the Locomotive,Broadway, on a Friday/Saturday evening. Customers would patiently put their names up on the board to wait their turn to play a game of pool, all except these travellers. They'd just rack the balls up without giving a toss who was supposed to be on next.
    Loud, obnoxious bullies! Yeah, I get it that some are okay, but just too many of them are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Fair enough. But perhaps it's because they see you on a regular basis, you've become familiar to them?

I used to like a Sunday drink in the Rompney Castle, Rumney, on a Sunday afternoon. They could behave like asseholes at times - flicking peanuts at people who were just having a quiet pint on their own and generally just being loud and obnoxious.

Same with the ones who used to frequent the Locomotive,Broadway, on a Friday/Saturday evening. Customers would patiently put their names up on the board to wait their turn to play a game of pool, all except these travellers. They'd just rack the balls up without giving a toss who was supposed to be on next.
    Loud, obnoxious bullies! Yeah, I get it that some are okay, but just too many of them are not.
    Fair enough, although i've experienced that from people who aren't Travellers, when they've behaved in that way their existence, culture and way of life isn't called into question like it is for Travellers. I know this may sound like bullshit, but people should challenge them when they behave like that, just do it in a reasonable manner. They're not all 'hard men' and they do back down. Problem is that people are scared of them and some of them know this.

Fair enough, although i've experienced that from people who aren't Travellers, when they've behaved in that way their existence, culture and way of life isn't called into question like it is for Travellers. I know this may sound like bullshit, but people should challenge them when they behave like that, just do it in a reasonable manner. They're not all 'hard men' and they do back down. Problem is that people are scared of them and some of them know this.
    Challenge them? Simply not worth the trouble. People are scared of them for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Challenge them? Simply not worth the trouble. People are scared of them for a reason.
    They do thrive on the old adage that people are scared of them, they are untraceable, beyond the law bla bla....from what I have seen they like to play up in places they feel comfortable to do so where they know they will get away with it etc...they often come unstuck when they play up in places they don’t usually frequent.