+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff gangs using knives......

Cardiff gangs using knives......

Looks like the teenagers are following the likes of London gangs now....sad times. Two incidents this week were related apparently?

Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

Think it's been around a while, through work I hear about a lot of stabbings that don't ever really get reported on, a friend also used to work on the trauma ward and she also felt it was often under reported.

It's not going to be as bad as London etc but it is there.

I don't get it though, such a cowardly act.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Looks like the teenagers are following the likes of London gangs now....sad times. Two incidents this week were related apparently?
    I was told that groups of young "travellers" were wandering around the centre on Saturday causing problems and then groups of youth from Llanrumney and St Mellons thought they'd sort them out. There was both a "travellers" convention and funeral of a well-known gypsy which is why so many arrived in Cardiff

youth gangs and knife culture dates back as far as the late 1700, however most prevalent in the UK was late 1800.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    youth gangs and knife culture dates back as far as the late 1700, however most prevalent in the UK was late 1800.
    To be fair if it's only been an issue for an hour or so I think we're ok

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Oh, you are good!

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I was told that groups of young "travellers" were wandering around the centre on Saturday causing problems and then groups of youth from Llanrumney and St Mellons thought they'd sort them out. There was both a "travellers" convention and funeral of a well-known gypsy which is why so many arrived in Cardiff
    One group was from grangetown and riverside I thought, the other Rumney/mellons? I guess this sort of inter suburb rivalry has always gone on, it was rife in the 80’s particularly between the Docks and Fairwater. A guy I knew from Pentrebane said he and his mates stopped following us as it was too much hassle. No knives back then mind, no cowardice.

Nothing to do with the Travellers,local youths with ongoing beef.Rumney and grangetown.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Nothing to do with the Travellers,local youths with ongoing beef.Rumney and grangetown.
    Not saying travellers were involved, but I know of 3 pubs and 1 McDonalds that shut early last Sunday 5.00pm, because of unruly travelling people.

They would not obey the rules, caused mayhem on St Mary Street

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Not saying travellers were involved, but I know of 3 pubs and 1 McDonalds that shut early last Sunday 5.00pm, because of unruly travelling people.

They would not obey the rules, caused mayhem on St Mary Street
    Think that was a separate event....police earning their dosh last weekend hey

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    One group was from grangetown and riverside I thought, the other Rumney/mellons? I guess this sort of inter suburb rivalry has always gone on, it was rife in the 80’s particularly between the Docks and Fairwater. A guy I knew from Pentrebane said he and his mates stopped following us as it was too much hassle. No knives back then mind, no cowardice.

Wasn’t Birdies Lane a traditional Ely/Fairwater battleground?

groups of young travelllers were fighting anybody they could in and around St Davids 2, know one of the security who said it was horrific

Was in the Borough last Monday a couple of us from work having a few quite beers towards the back of the pub, two gypos came in and sat opposite us, could tell immediately they were trying to bully us a bit, pulled out a rolex watch wanted 10k for it 🤣
    Told them we live in the Valleys and can buy a house for that price, they knew they were getting nowhere and said good point and fecked off.
    But we all said after that they were looking for trouble and wondered if they were involved or family were involved in all that shite a few days ago top end of Queen Street.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Think it's been around a while, through work I hear about a lot of stabbings that don't ever really get reported on, a friend also used to work on the trauma ward and she also felt it was often under reported.

It's not going to be as bad as London etc but it is there.

I don't get it though, such a cowardly act.
    Cowardly is a strange choice of words. It's violent and vicious. I'm not saying it's the opposite of cowardly, but I wouldn't fancy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    Was in the Borough last Monday a couple of us from work having a few quite beers towards the back of the pub, two gypos came in and sat opposite us, could tell immediately they were trying to bully us a bit, pulled out a rolex watch wanted 10k for it ��
    Told them we live in the Valleys and can buy a house for that price, they knew they were getting nowhere and said good point and fecked off.
    But we all said after that they were looking for trouble and wondered if they were involved or family were involved in all that shite a few days ago top end of Queen Street.
    I work at both gypsy camps on a regular basis, they're sound, never had a problem. Adamsdown is more scary.

I've never met a decent Gypo. Also, they're are cruel as fcuk to their animals.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I've never met a decent Gypo. Also, they're are cruel as fcuk to their animals.
    'Gypo' knock it on the head, will you.

My grandfather was a traveller, 90% of them are arseholes

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I work at both gypsy camps on a regular basis, they're sound, never had a problem. Adamsdown is more scary.
    And Tremorfa, more good than bad on the site for sure.

My grandfather was a traveller, 90% of them are arseholes
    Was on Penarth front in June [I think]. Lovely Sunday afternoon. About 100 travellers and their horse-and-cart things. Long queue in the Chippy. 4 or 5 of them walked in, straight in front of about 20 people queuing patiently. The two young lads behind the counter were sh*tting themselves as they took their orders. Nobody dared say a thing, just looked away.

And Tremorfa, more good than bad on the site for sure.
    Yup, they can be a bit abrasive, but that's how they communicate. I've never had an issue at either of the camps.

Yup, they can be a bit abrasive, but that's how they communicate. I've never had an issue at either of the camps.
    That is how they are,i did clip a mirror of one of their vans.
    He got out and said £40 pound for a new mirror i told him fcuk off there is moss growing in the cracks.
    He just smiled and said fair game and walked away.

That is how they are,i did clip a mirror of one of their vans.
    He got out and said £40 pound for a new mirror i told him fcuk off there is moss growing in the cracks.
    He just smiled and said fair game and walked away.

'Gypo' knock it on the head, will you.
    yeah pikey is the preferred term

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    That's such a cutting remark.