+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff gangs using knives......

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I was told that groups of young "travellers" were wandering around the centre on Saturday causing problems and then groups of youth from Llanrumney and St Mellons thought they'd sort them out. There was both a "travellers" convention and funeral of a well-known gypsy which is why so many arrived in Cardiff
    One group was from grangetown and riverside I thought, the other Rumney/mellons? I guess this sort of inter suburb rivalry has always gone on, it was rife in the 80’s particularly between the Docks and Fairwater. A guy I knew from Pentrebane said he and his mates stopped following us as it was too much hassle. No knives back then mind, no cowardice.

Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    One group was from grangetown and riverside I thought, the other Rumney/mellons? I guess this sort of inter suburb rivalry has always gone on, it was rife in the 80’s particularly between the Docks and Fairwater. A guy I knew from Pentrebane said he and his mates stopped following us as it was too much hassle. No knives back then mind, no cowardice.

Wasn’t Birdies Lane a traditional Ely/Fairwater battleground?