+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 34

Thread: Cardiff gangs using knives......

  1. #1

    Cardiff gangs using knives......

    Looks like the teenagers are following the likes of London gangs now....sad times. Two incidents this week were related apparently?

  2. #2

    Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

    Think it's been around a while, through work I hear about a lot of stabbings that don't ever really get reported on, a friend also used to work on the trauma ward and she also felt it was often under reported.

    It's not going to be as bad as London etc but it is there.

    I don't get it though, such a cowardly act.

  3. #3

    Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

    Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Looks like the teenagers are following the likes of London gangs now....sad times. Two incidents this week were related apparently?
    I was told that groups of young "travellers" were wandering around the centre on Saturday causing problems and then groups of youth from Llanrumney and St Mellons thought they'd sort them out. There was both a "travellers" convention and funeral of a well-known gypsy which is why so many arrived in Cardiff

  4. #4

    Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

    youth gangs and knife culture dates back as far as the late 1700, however most prevalent in the UK was late 1800.

  5. #5

    Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

    Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    youth gangs and knife culture dates back as far as the late 1700, however most prevalent in the UK was late 1800.
    To be fair if it's only been an issue for an hour or so I think we're ok

  6. #6
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    9,472

    Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

    Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    To be fair if it's only been an issue for an hour or so I think we're ok
    Oh, you are good!

  7. #7

    Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I was told that groups of young "travellers" were wandering around the centre on Saturday causing problems and then groups of youth from Llanrumney and St Mellons thought they'd sort them out. There was both a "travellers" convention and funeral of a well-known gypsy which is why so many arrived in Cardiff
    One group was from grangetown and riverside I thought, the other Rumney/mellons? I guess this sort of inter suburb rivalry has always gone on, it was rife in the 80’s particularly between the Docks and Fairwater. A guy I knew from Pentrebane said he and his mates stopped following us as it was too much hassle. No knives back then mind, no cowardice.

  8. #8

    Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I was told that groups of young "travellers" were wandering around the centre on Saturday causing problems and then groups of youth from Llanrumney and St Mellons thought they'd sort them out. There was both a "travellers" convention and funeral of a well-known gypsy which is why so many arrived in Cardiff
    Nothing to do with the Travellers,local youths with ongoing beef.Rumney and grangetown.

  9. #9

    Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

    Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Nothing to do with the Travellers,local youths with ongoing beef.Rumney and grangetown.
    Not saying travellers were involved, but I know of 3 pubs and 1 McDonalds that shut early last Sunday 5.00pm, because of unruly travelling people.

    They would not obey the rules, caused mayhem on St Mary Street

  10. #10

    Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Not saying travellers were involved, but I know of 3 pubs and 1 McDonalds that shut early last Sunday 5.00pm, because of unruly travelling people.

    They would not obey the rules, caused mayhem on St Mary Street
    Think that was a separate event....police earning their dosh last weekend hey

  11. #11

    Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

    Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    One group was from grangetown and riverside I thought, the other Rumney/mellons? I guess this sort of inter suburb rivalry has always gone on, it was rife in the 80’s particularly between the Docks and Fairwater. A guy I knew from Pentrebane said he and his mates stopped following us as it was too much hassle. No knives back then mind, no cowardice.

    Wasn’t Birdies Lane a traditional Ely/Fairwater battleground?

  12. #12

    Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

    Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Nothing to do with the Travellers,local youths with ongoing beef.Rumney and grangetown.
    groups of young travelllers were fighting anybody they could in and around St Davids 2, know one of the security who said it was horrific

  13. #13

    Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

    Was in the Borough last Monday a couple of us from work having a few quite beers towards the back of the pub, two gypos came in and sat opposite us, could tell immediately they were trying to bully us a bit, pulled out a rolex watch wanted 10k for it 🤣
    Told them we live in the Valleys and can buy a house for that price, they knew they were getting nowhere and said good point and fecked off.
    But we all said after that they were looking for trouble and wondered if they were involved or family were involved in all that shite a few days ago top end of Queen Street.

  14. #14

    Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Think it's been around a while, through work I hear about a lot of stabbings that don't ever really get reported on, a friend also used to work on the trauma ward and she also felt it was often under reported.

    It's not going to be as bad as London etc but it is there.

    I don't get it though, such a cowardly act.
    Cowardly is a strange choice of words. It's violent and vicious. I'm not saying it's the opposite of cowardly, but I wouldn't fancy it.

  15. #15

    Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

    Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    Was in the Borough last Monday a couple of us from work having a few quite beers towards the back of the pub, two gypos came in and sat opposite us, could tell immediately they were trying to bully us a bit, pulled out a rolex watch wanted 10k for it ��
    Told them we live in the Valleys and can buy a house for that price, they knew they were getting nowhere and said good point and fecked off.
    But we all said after that they were looking for trouble and wondered if they were involved or family were involved in all that shite a few days ago top end of Queen Street.
    I work at both gypsy camps on a regular basis, they're sound, never had a problem. Adamsdown is more scary.

  16. #16

    Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

    I've never met a decent Gypo. Also, they're are cruel as fcuk to their animals.

  17. #17

    Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I've never met a decent Gypo. Also, they're are cruel as fcuk to their animals.
    'Gypo' knock it on the head, will you.

  18. #18

    Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

    My grandfather was a traveller, 90% of them are arseholes

  19. #19

    Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I work at both gypsy camps on a regular basis, they're sound, never had a problem. Adamsdown is more scary.
    And Tremorfa, more good than bad on the site for sure.

  20. #20

    Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    My grandfather was a traveller, 90% of them are arseholes
    Was on Penarth front in June [I think]. Lovely Sunday afternoon. About 100 travellers and their horse-and-cart things. Long queue in the Chippy. 4 or 5 of them walked in, straight in front of about 20 people queuing patiently. The two young lads behind the counter were sh*tting themselves as they took their orders. Nobody dared say a thing, just looked away.

  21. #21

    Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

    Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    And Tremorfa, more good than bad on the site for sure.
    Yup, they can be a bit abrasive, but that's how they communicate. I've never had an issue at either of the camps.

  22. #22

    Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup, they can be a bit abrasive, but that's how they communicate. I've never had an issue at either of the camps.
    That is how they are,i did clip a mirror of one of their vans.
    He got out and said 40 pound for a new mirror i told him fcuk off there is moss growing in the cracks.
    He just smiled and said fair game and walked away.

  23. #23

    Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

    Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    That is how they are,i did clip a mirror of one of their vans.
    He got out and said 40 pound for a new mirror i told him fcuk off there is moss growing in the cracks.
    He just smiled and said fair game and walked away.

  24. #24

    Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    'Gypo' knock it on the head, will you.
    yeah pikey is the preferred term

  25. #25

    Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

    Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    To be fair if it's only been an issue for an hour or so I think we're ok
    That's such a cutting remark.

  26. #26

    Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    'Gypo' knock it on the head, will you.
    They're gypo scum, plain and simple. I got to know several when I lived in Splott and drank in The Bertram. They are probably nice to you because they can get something out of you with regard to your occupation

  27. #27

    Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

    and so it goes on tonight in cardiff city centre

    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-...23#source=push

  28. #28

    Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    They're gypo scum, plain and simple. I got to know several when I lived in Splott and drank in The Bertram. They are probably nice to you because they can get something out of you with regard to your occupation
    They get **** all out of me, believe me! I have more problems in my job in Pentrebane and Llanedeyrn, especially in the flats and a lovely place called lavender grove. Good and bad everywhere, the traveller community have always been fine with me.

  29. #29
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    9,472

    Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    They get **** all out of me, believe me! I have more problems in my job in Pentrebane and Llanedeyrn, especially in the flats and a lovely place called lavender grove. Good and bad everywhere, the traveller community have always been fine with me.
    I know Lavender Grove. not the best place in this city.
    It defeats me how councils can build places like this and honestly believe everything will be fine. It invariably isn't.
    There are 'Lavender Groves' everywhere and the people who build them never learn.

  30. #30

    Re: Cardiff gangs using knives......

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I know Lavender Grove. not the best place in this city.
    It defeats me how councils can build places like this and honestly believe everything will be fine. It invariably isn't.
    There are 'Lavender Groves' everywhere and the people who build them never learn.
    Is that in Pentrebane where the lovely leather bottle pub used to be?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •