Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 4 - 0 LUTON TOWN. Match thread

FT: CARDIFF CITY 4 - 0 LUTON TOWN. Match thread

Saturday November 28th, ko 3:00pm.

Match Officials:

Referee: JOSHUA SMITH
    Assistants: Steven Meredith and Mark Jones
    Fourth Official : James Linington

A rookie referee, just his 4th game at Championship level. Did a full season of National League in 18/19 and then League 1 and 2 in 19/20.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v LUTON TOWN. Match thread

Match facts

• Cardiff City are unbeaten in five league encounters Luton Town, winning three and drawing two since losing 2-1 in October 2005.
    • After going unbeaten in four consecutive away league games versus Cardiff between 1982 and 2005, Luton have lost their last two such trips and conceding six goals in the process.
    • Cardiff have lost three of their last six home Championship matches (W1 D2), as many as in their previous 23 home games in the competition.
    • Luton have lost just two of their last 16 away league matches under Nathan Jones (W10 D4), keeping nine clean sheets.
    • Since June, no side has won more away Championship league matches than Luton Town (P10 W6 D2 L2).

Luton Town manager Nathan Jones:

“Neil Harris did a wonderful job last year, got them in the play-offs. The Championship is one of those things, someone told me once that you don’t have to do a hell of a lot different in the Championship to go four unbeaten or to get four or five defeats on the spin because it is that type of league.

“Neil is experienced, they are not in a precarious position in anyway shape or form, far more teams in precarious positions, plus he brought himself a little bit of leeway because he has done fantastic work there.

“There's never a good time to play Cardiff, especially away, because they’re a tough side to play. They have got experienced Championship players, a lot with Premier League experience so it’s a tough, tough game.

“Not sure it’s a good time, bad time or anything to play them. It’s a Championship game and the Championship is never an easy ride in anyway shape or form."

International

I'm not sure what I want rom this game. If the scrape a win is it really just delaying the inevitable?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I'm not sure what I want rom this game. If the scrape a win is it really just delaying the inevitable?
    Agree with you. As a very long serving City fan I never want to see them lose, but a win today could keep Harris here until Christmas or the New Year. Surely a home loss today would see him out Monday or Tuesday

An academy product starting for Cardiff City?

Mark Harris starting. I think this is the last throw of the dice for Harris.

3 changes
    VAULKS FOR PACK
    OJO FOR HOILETT
    HARRIS(NOT THE MANAGER I PRESUME) FOR MURPHY

International

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Agree with you. As a very long serving City fan I never want to see them lose, but a win today could keep Harris here until Christmas or the New Year. Surely a home loss today would see him out Monday or Tuesday
    Exactly. When they lose I struggle to post on here for a couple of days but a little pain now is better than more later
    The problem is we don't know the alternative

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    We can't go up now, and Harris won't be here next season as that was the aim. We have to win. He'll be out of a job anyway and this way, we don't get relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    An academy product starting for Cardiff City?

Second one this year?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Second one this year?
    Signed Bagan from Southampton didn't we? We were forced into playing him too

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Signed Bagan from Southampton didn't we? We were forced into playing him too
    Bagan and Ralls are more Cardiff grown than McBurnie or James. Bagan is clearly being groomed as the back up left back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Bagan and Ralls are more Cardiff grown than McBurnie or James. Bagan is clearly being groomed as the back up left back.
    Cardiff City start a local born academy product in the league the end is near, isn't quite as snappy though

Cardiff City (4-4-2): Smithies; Bacuna, Morrison, Nelson, Bennett; Wilson, Ralls, Vaulks, Ojo; Harris, Moore.

Subs: Phillips, Bamba, Bagan, Benkovic, Pack, Murphy, Hoilett, Whyte, Glatzel.

Luton Town (4-4-2): Sluga; Pearson, Rea, Bradley, Norrington-Davies; Tunnicliffe, Mpanzu, Dewsbury-Hall, Berry; Cornick, Collins

Subs: Shea, Cranie, Lee, Moncur, Lockyer, Clark, Bree, Nombe, Morrell.

Not sure what to make of this team , Bacuna is NOT a right back so seeing you failed to sign 2 x right backs in the summer , a formation where you don’t have a right back ...like 3-4-3 also Wilson needs to be central

International

The problem is its the centre that's soft and he has done nothing about that really.

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Not sure what to make of this team , Bacuna is NOT a right back so seeing you failed to sign 2 x right backs in the summer , a formation where you don’t have a right back ...like 3-4-3 also Wilson needs to be central
    You need a wing back in. 3-4-3 unless you’re suggesting we played two wingers on the right 😂

A first half goal!

Missed the goal. What happened?

Whatever the thoughts on Harris, no one can deny that the players owe him big time today and they have started in that vein.

HARRIS!

More like it

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Mark Harris starting. I think this is the last throw of the dice for Harris.
    Turns out it is working. Well done lads

2-0