+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 4 - 0 LUTON TOWN. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 4 - 0 LUTON TOWN. Match thread

Great result. We need to build on this but delighted!

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    superb win well needed and no doubt buys harris a few more weeks in the saddle...

deserve to be where we were on poor performances... hopefully we can build on this, stick with the flow and put in a few wins on the bounce

not where we should be but maybe just maybe we can start CLIMING the ladder now

Is that a euphemism

Isn't that four games where we have scored first we have won to nil. One 0 - 0 draw and then 9 games where we conceded first where we didn't win.

First goal crucial for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    I for one is pleased for NH
    Are you a pirate?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Are you a pirate?
    tickled me that,

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    4 - 0

Unbelievable.
    Watching the Millwall highlights we could have hit a good few in with some better luck on the day .

Didn't bother paying £10 to watch it, couldn't find a stream worth persevering with, no radio coverage so made do with Soccer Saturday.

Sounds like a back to basics performance and we did them on set pieces. One comment was that Luton were unusually awful defensively. That has to be a bit of a back handed compliment, so plenty of positives. Seems like Mark Harris has had a good game, so that's another option.

One result doesn't change our dismal start to the season much, though. It'll mean bugger all if we don't win our next few.

However, if this is the start of a good run we'll all feel happier in the weeks to come.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    tickled me that,

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Things are much better after a win

That’s more like it. A thumping win. Ditto Reading. Much needed wins for both clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Isn't that four games where we have scored first we have won to nil. One 0 - 0 draw and then 9 games where we conceded first where we didn't win.

First goal crucial for us.
    Yep. We're pretty good front runners.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v LUTON TOWN. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I thought the keeper hurt his shoulder when he slipped before Wilson came in and shot.
    It was Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Didn't bother paying £10 to watch it, couldn't find a stream worth persevering with, no radio coverage so made do with Soccer Saturday.

Sounds like a back to basics performance and we did them on set pieces. One comment was that Luton were unusually awful defensively. That has to be a bit of a back handed compliment, so plenty of positives. Seems like Mark Harris has had a good game, so that's another option.

One result doesn't change our dismal start to the season much, though. It'll mean bugger all if we don't win our next few.

However, if this is the start of a good run we'll all feel happier in the weeks to come.
    Maybe but we earned those set-pieces with our work in open play.

Make sure you don't bother in the week too eh Eric

Not at all, we may have got a couple of goals from the set pieces but I wouldn't call it a back to basics performance.
    There was a lot more about us today.

I doubt it will be enough for the Harris beaters though, and it may well prove to be too late for the manager if the powers that be have have as much faith in him as many of us on this board, but it was a breath of fresh air.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    tickled me that,
    Me too 😂

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Make sure you don't bother in the week too eh Eric

Not at all, we may have got a couple of goals from the set pieces but I wouldn't call it a back to basics performance.
    There was a lot more about us today.

I doubt it will be enough for the Harris beaters though, and it may well prove to be too late for the manager if the powers that be have have as much faith in him as many of us on this board, but it was a breath of fresh air.
    I'm glad to read that.

Scoring 4 at home to a side with the 2nd best away defensive record and one of the best away records puts to bed that this is an average side that we shouldn't expect much from. It suggests we have the ability to be a top 6 side.

I'm delighted there was more to us. That level has to be kept now. The few bits I saw appeared to show more intensity than we've seen. We all want the club to climb the table and challenge. Fingers crossed.

A lot more like what is needed.

Would be great if we could see this performance more regularly than as a reaction to Harris feeling pressure like here and against Barnsley.

Hopefully it shows Harris that not being negative gives this side a better chance against teams especially at home.

I'm glad to read that.

Scoring 4 at home to a side with the 2nd best away defensive record and one of the best away records puts to bed that this is an average side that we shouldn't expect much from. It suggests we have the ability to be a top 6 side.

I'm delighted there was more to us. That level has to be kept now. The few bits I saw appeared to show more intensity than we've seen. We all want the club to climb the table and challenge. Fingers crossed.
    A case of side versus squad: we definitely have potential to be a top 6 side but still don't think we have a top 6 squad and with fixture congestion that has been exposed and will likely be exposed again.

What is really good news is that Bagan and now Harris have been given a chance and both done well with that chance.

the trouble is there really isn't much to choose between about 3/4 of the teams in this division.
    go on a good run and any of them can be top 6.

the 3 relegated sides look very strong, so will probably take 3 of those spots, so there's only 3 remaining

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    the trouble is there really isn't much to choose between about 3/4 of the teams in this division.
    go on a good run and any of them can be top 6.

the 3 relegated sides look very strong, so will probably take 3 of those spots, so there's only 3 remaining
    Let's take the positives. We haven't yet conceded an equaliser, so every time we've scored first, we've won. We've scored the second highest number of equalising goals. Despite conceding so many opening goals, we've got the best record of not losing when we've scored first.

If we start with some intensity and drive, we've done well. Often we've only found that after we've conceded. That all equates to the side not being motivated properly, or being instructed to keep things quiet. Start like we did on a regular basis, we'll finish top 6. That's pretty much up to Harris.

Let's take the positives. We haven't yet conceded an equaliser, so every time we've scored first, we've won. We've scored the second highest number of equalising goals. Despite conceding so many opening goals, we've got the best record of not losing when we've scored first.

If we start with some intensity and drive, we've done well. Often we've only found that after we've conceded. That all equates to the side not being motivated properly, or being instructed to keep things quiet. Start like we did on a regular basis, we'll finish top 6. That's pretty much up to Harris.
    Cardiff City had the most winning goals scored off the bench last year. It's more likely that Harris is looking to score winners later on again than it being to do with player's motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Cardiff City had the most winning goals scored off the bench last year. It's more likely that Harris is looking to score winners later on again than it being to do with player's motivation.
    That fills me with dread.

Only 3 times have we conceded a goal in the first half of a game and won under Harris. It places a massive amount of pressure on us keeping things tight, keeping the game quiet and open up later on. This season we have the joint worst defensive record of any side in the division in the first half.

When we've gone for it from the off, we've been much more effective. This passive bollocks of trying to keep things tight until later on has cost us far more than we've gained from it. Harris has to learn that.

Well done City. Must follow up with win v Huddersfield.

Midfield and attack good. Not convinced at all with our centre backs. Would have been exposed by a better team.