+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: My feelings on a possible new manager ! (It's the way our Club works)

My feelings on a possible new manager ! (It's the way our Club works)

We will almost definitely go for a cheap and probably uninspiring option as that's often the way our Club does things.

So here's my thoughts (thankfully most of my inklings towards CCFC matters tend to be complete bollox)

Preston will sack their manager after their next defeat, be it today or in midweek, just in time for him to take over from Harris.

Step forward Alex Neil.

City will say he achieved at a smaller Club (no budget etc) and has kept them at the higher end of the table for a couple of years. This is a carbon copy of why the Club appointed Harris.

I am not for one minute saying that I want this but it's just a feeling that won't get out of my head.

Re: My feelings on a possible new manager ! (It's the way our Club works)

Definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Let's try a continental.. or a Nigel or Bellers.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post
    We will almost definitely go for a cheap and probably uninspiring option as that's often the way our Club does things.

So here's my thoughts (thankfully most of my inklings towards CCFC matters tend to be complete bollox)

Preston will sack their manager after their next defeat, be it today or in midweek, just in time for him to take over from Harris.

Step forward Alex Neil.

City will say he achieved at a smaller Club (no budget etc) and has kept them at the higher end of the table for a couple of years. This is a carbon copy of why the Club appointed Harris.

I am not for one minute saying that I want this but it's just a feeling that won't get out of my head.
    I get where you're coming from. The scenario you mentioned is uncomfortably realistic.

Alex Neil does seem to have a comparable record to Harris: one promotion, one relegation at first EFL club, competing for championship play-offs in first season at second EFL club, disappointing second season...

Great observation and spot on .

You could argue a recent big name manager with form, got us up ??

We'll most probably end up with that Jack Barsteward Coleman

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    We'll most probably end up with that Jack Barsteward Coleman
    Not too worried about that , wasn't he praised for his management achievements with that little country called Wales

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post

Step forward Alex Neil.

Never a cheap option poaching another team's manager.

Neil has got Norwich promoted and has done very well at all his jobs. PNE have some very good players who are out of contract in the summer, we could bring Pearson, Browne, Davies etc here for cheap. I'd rather Neil than someone like Monk or Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Alex Neil does seem to have a comparable record to Harris: one promotion, one relegation at first EFL club, competing for championship play-offs in first season at second EFL club, disappointing second season...
    To be fair to Neil, his promotion at Norwich was to the Premier League and he did a good job, including another promotion, at Hamilton Accies. I think he'd be a pretty good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    To be fair to Neil, his promotion at Norwich was to the Premier League and he did a good job, including another promotion, at Hamilton Accies. I think he'd be a pretty good choice.
    It's a shame he looks like Dominic Cummings.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It's a shame he looks like Dominic Cummings.
    🤒