What did he do??

Weve won 4 nil. Great result.

Whats Murphy done?

Re: Get rid of Murphy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    What did he do??

Whats Murphy done?
    A player who looks really low on confidence performed as such in a 5 minute cameo.

The problem with Murphy is that he's probably only performed well in 5 or 6 games for us and that's not a great return for wages, no one else will try to afford him, or level of skill we know he has. Don't think today adds or takes away from that though.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    A player who looks really low on confidence performed as such in a 5 minute cameo.

The problem with Murphy is that he's probably only performed well in 5 or 6 games for us and that's not a great return for wages, no one else will try to afford him, or level of skill we know he has. Don't think today adds or takes away from that though.
    Yeah but a hugely positive day weve smashed a team 4 nil and in the immediate aftermath theres an attack on Murphy. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    The sooner the better.
    We've just won 4-0.

The sooner the better.
    Why don’t you just **** off you negative ****

He should be delivering more.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Why don’t you just **** off you negative ****

What did he do??

Whats Murphy done?
    Within his first five minutes he bottled a great attacking opportunity by failing to take the ball on himself or by playing a pass to Glatzell, choosing instead to a lofted pass out to the right and away from goal which he over hit. He then failed to control the ball just inside our own half which led directly to Luton attacking and hitting the post.

Yes we won and I’m delighted but the win and the score do not mask Murphy’s faults. He is earning a lot and contributing very little and that has been true since we signed him, bar a few good performances and key goals.

Within his first five minutes he bottled a great attacking opportunity by failing to take the ball on himself or by playing a pass to Glatzell, choosing instead to a lofted pass out to the right and away from goal which he over hit. He then failed to control the ball just inside our own half which led directly to Luton attacking and hitting the post.

Yes we won and I’m delighted but the win and the score do not mask Murphy’s faults. He is earning a lot and contributing very little and that has been true since we signed him, bar a few good performances and key goals.
    I'll give you that, he doesn't do enough or impose himself on games, your timing isabit shit though, a bit like Murphy.

We won 4 nil.

And your immediate thoughts are to attack a player.???

The sooner the better.
    Bit harsh BA, anyone can have a crap season

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'll give you that, he doesn't do enough or impose himself on games, your timing isabit shit though, a bit like Murphy.
    The post was out of frustration but I don’t think any of our players have been given more chances to prove themselves than him and we were already 3 up. He should have been raring to get on on attack.
    If he stays then I can only hope that he proves me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Bit harsh BA, anyone can have a crap season
    Or three.
    Missing you guys😉

We won 4 nil.

And your immediate thoughts are to attack a player.???
    No, I had other thoughts too but this one motivated me most!

In my opinion his talent is near Wilson’s level. It’s clear he’s no where near performing to that.

If it’s because he can’t be bothered - get rid
    If it’s because he’s devoid of confidence -
    We need to work out if we can do anything to help.

In all honesty he probably needs either a run of games in the middle or he needs a move.

Today is not the day to start having a pop at players.

The sooner the better.
    So you’re giving Harris a break after 4 nil win and hammering one of our players who was only on for 5 minutes! Some supporter you are or an undercover Jack!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    So you’re giving Harris a break after 4 nil win and hammering one of our players who was only on for 5 minutes! Some supporter you are or an undercover Jack!
    Because he was on for 5 mins not got enough time to settle in and also possibly mindset different having to try and impress in 5 mins.

Really not worth looking into today.

Apart from disagreeing with the timing of this, does anyone have any disagreements with the post? Don't know how long Murphy has left to run on his contract but if we could raise some money by selling him before it would be welcome and a surprise.

I have to say that I didn't see JM when he came on as I missed the last quarter of an hour but on a day which was full of surprises, the reported performance albeit a five minute one, does not surprise me one bit.

The only reason I can see that he gets anywhere near the starting lineup is for him to possibly get a goal or an assist which could keep in in the public eye for a transfer.

His performances for City have shown me that he is either not good enough or not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    It is a bit strange.

We won 4 nil. The best result/performance for ages

A so called fan within minutes/seconds of the final whistle decided to post this.

All clubs have them I suppose.

Congratulations, you win "2020's most ridiculously timed rant."

We sold him to Wateford about 9 months ago. Keep up at the back. 🙄