Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Remember that time when Neil Warnock left Josh Murphy out of the squad for what was a crucial relegation game at Fulham because, we were told, of his attitude in training? As I remember it then, the general attitude was one of surprise - Murphy's form had dropped after a good start at Cardiff in a struggling team, but leaving him out completely in a match we had to win seemed wrong at the time and still seems wrong now.

For me, Murphy has not been the same player since then. When all is said and done, I'd say the reason he signed for us was that we could offer him Premier League football, he wouldn't have come here otherwise and once that opportunity disappeared he has given the impression that he doesn't want to be here. That's not what supporters of any team want to see from one of their players and so Murphy has become someone who supporters are quicker to criticise than many other members of the squad.

Yesterday Murphy stayed sat on the bench while Gavin Whyte came on with about twenty minutes left and when he was called on there were about five minutes, the first thing he did was go past an opponent like he wasn't there in a manner few of his team mates could match. From then on though he was the player who clearly drives Blueaway mad with a downright weird pass and then an assist for Morrell's late shot against the post which, apparently, had Neil Harris fuming.

I'm disappointed with Murphy over the past two seasons, disappointed at his failure to knuckle down and try to make the best of what he seems to see as a bad job and at how he is wasting a talent level which should make him an automatic choice in our team, but the fault is not all his, I think he has always had a raw deal from Neil Warnock and Neil Harris because he always seem to be the one to be taken off first when the whole team is playing poorly - he looks like he doesn't want to be here and his managers give the impression that they would prefer it if he was somewhere else, the answer should be simple, but all of the time his value is dropping and we would get a fraction of what we paid for him if he signed for someone else, some sort of swap deal in January seems the best way to resolve the issue to me.
Aw diddums, Warnock put him on the naughty chair in the corner.

If he had that attitude in any other job he'd be on the dole and on benefits all his life.
There are many would be professionals out there who'd give their right arm to be given an opportunity on the big stage so to say that it isn't all Josh Murphy's fault doesn't wash with me I'm sorry Bob.

He had, and still does have, the power to put things right but does he need to?
Somebody will come knocking, maybe at a knock down price, but he knows his future is safe, simply by being a modern day professional footballer.