+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Get rid of Murphy.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Get rid of Murphy.

If you look at his brother who is getting some great reviews for his recent performances - then you'd have to assume Josh is capable of the same level of performances. After all they are physically identical, and have had identical training and exposure to first team football whilst at Norwich.

Maybe what's missing is a manager who can motivate him. Harris may be the man but I suspect Warnock did a lot to damage Murphy's confidence. From what I understand he's a decent lad so let hope things turn around for him because an in form Murphy is clearly a huge asset.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    If you look at his brother who is getting some great reviews for his recent performances - then you'd have to assume Josh is capable of the same level of performances. After all they are physically identical, and have had identical training and exposure to first team football whilst at Norwich.

Maybe what's missing is a manager who can motivate him. Harris may be the man but I suspect Warnock did a lot to damage Murphy's confidence. From what I understand he's a decent lad so let hope things turn around for him because an in form Murphy is clearly a huge asset.
    Surely if this were true then Rafael wouldn't have got 5 times as many appearances for Man Utd than Fabio and Fabio wouldn't have played for us

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Surely if this were true then Rafael wouldn't have got 5 times as many appearances for Man Utd than Fabio and Fabio wouldn't have played for us
    In this case though, I'd say the two brother's careers have followed pretty similar paths, they've both had spells where they appeared to be doing better than the other one and currently it appears that Jacob, while playing in a new position, is at a high spot in his career, but last season he was on loan and not doing a great deal in a struggling Sheffield Wednesday team. I believe there's not a great deal between the two of them and that Josh is capable of much more than he has shown this season - apart from at Millwall when he made a big difference when he came on.

I agree with Phyllis when he says Josh is a decent lad. I'm sure some will see his attitude since our relegation shows that's a questionable judgment, but I'd say he's just not happy here and his confidence is very low, as opposed to him being a trouble maker.