+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F A Cup third round draw

F A Cup third round draw

As we have said for many years the magic of the cup has all but disappeared, but this year it's going to be worse than ever. Almost impossible to get excited about our reserves playing somebody else's reserves in front of an empty stadium (mind you that's not too different to gates the last few years when we were allowed to attend).

Anyway the draw is 7.10 pm tomorrow evening

Re: F A Cup third round draw

Only a Newport County fixture would make it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    No thanks. They'd beat our first team.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    As we have said for many years the magic of the cup has all but disappeared, but this year it's going to be worse than ever. Almost impossible to get excited about our reserves playing somebody else's reserves in front of an empty stadium (mind you that's not too different to gates the last few years when we were allowed to attend).

Harris will play a decent team. I hope we get someone rubbish and can go on a bit of a cup run.

Better hope we don't draw Marine then - the ultimate banana skin game!

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Beat me to it , be nice to catch up with the Cwnty lads lol , not sure who would win the ruck these days ?

You watch, we'll get one of the plastics away, and we'll beat them on their own ground! We've already beaten Man Ure at OT, so how about, let's say, we get Liverpool at Anfield and win? Thus p*ssing off all the fans who would have gone up to Anfield to watch one of the most glorious days in City's recent history! We'll then get a shite team in Round 4 at home, and true to form we'll cock it up and lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post

Worth £82000 if we win, surely worth putting out a decent team? Lost to Reading reserves last season?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Worth £82000 if we win, surely worth putting out a decent team? Lost to Reading reserves last season?
    Bacuna's wages for couple of weeks if you believe some.

We'll get a Championship side away. Forest or Derby probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Bacuna's wages for couple of weeks if you believe some.

We'll get a Championship side away. Forest or Derby probably.
    And he is worth every penny,if true of course ,which is unlikely going on his choice of hair stylist.

I'm going for home draw v Liverpool, which we win in front of no fans Can you comprehend that

Well done Des Parrot

The presenter's not actually saying who is playing who. Hes just reading out the teams as theyre drawn. So much so I thought we we'd been drawn home to Arsenal for a couple if minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The presenter's not actually saying who is playing who. Hes just reading out the teams as theyre drawn. So much so I thought we we'd been drawn home to Arsenal for a couple if minutes.
    Me too. Who the **** are we playing then?

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Me too. Who the **** are we playing then?
    Forest away.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Forest away.
    Cheers. Would it have been that hard to give the home and away teams?

Happy hunting ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Cheers. Would it have been that hard to give the home and away teams?
    He should have said 'and they will play...' which is Robbie Savage's cue to draw the away team.

It's ok if you're sat in front the tv but if you're just listening to it you couldn't work out what was going on.

Cwnty get another Premier club ,good luck exiles

If the FA Cup was still the competition it used to be, that would be a great draw, there are some fantastic ties which would produce some great atmospheres if crowds were allowed.

As for us, what will come out on top, our desire for a seventh consecutive win at the City Ground or our traditional can't be arsed attitude when it comes to cup ties? I suspect the latter.

Marine got Spurs at home. Fair play

Marine got Spurs at home fair play.

This is what the FA Cup is all about. I laughed earlier when Saturdys scorer was asked if he knew he'd scored and he said "I wasn't sure but when the fan in the tree started to go mental so did I"

That must have been the worst FA Cup draw I have ever seen of heard. Irritating Robbie Savage was his usual self, although not as bad as the presenter, and his eagerness to read from his on screen script in his attempt to look knowledgeable about he teams drawn. All nonsense, all we wanted was the next team out of the hat. It would have been much quicker too. He was even more annoying than Robbie.

Scabs away - perfect.

8 games in December, 6 games in January, 6 games in February, 5 games in March plus 3 internationals (qualifiers for World Cup), 6 games in April. If we do go on a lengthy cup run then we could have 7 games in January, 7 games in February 6 games in March plus 3 internationals, 7 games in April...

I can understand our management team looking at the fixtures calendar and giving the FA cup a miss this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Parti Mellow View Post
    Well done Des Parrot
    Ah well, it never happens when I put money on it!