+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F A Cup third round draw

Re: F A Cup third round draw

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    8 games in December, 6 games in January, 6 games in February, 5 games in March plus 3 internationals (qualifiers for World Cup), 6 games in April. If we do go on a lengthy cup run then we could have 7 games in January, 7 games in February 6 games in March plus 3 internationals, 7 games in April...

I can understand our management team looking at the fixtures calendar and giving the FA cup a miss this year.
    This year?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Marine got Spurs at home. Fair play
    The players are probably gutted it's not Spurs away.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The players are probably gutted it's not Spurs away.
    They should join the Marines

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    8 games in December, 6 games in January, 6 games in February, 5 games in March plus 3 internationals (qualifiers for World Cup), 6 games in April. If we do go on a lengthy cup run then we could have 7 games in January, 7 games in February 6 games in March plus 3 internationals, 7 games in April...

I can understand our management team looking at the fixtures calendar and giving the FA cup a miss this year.
    Maybe it's me being all old fogeyish, but, as someone who grew up watching City play forty two league games a season, two leg European ties, Welsh Cup (with its two leg Final), League Cup and FA Cup matches as well, this "we play too many games these days" stuff does not wash with me.

Agreed. It’s bad enough when managers play to lose or moan about the number of games but when fans start bellyaching before the draw is even made it makes you despair. For me, the cup run in 2008 was probably the high point of 50 years of support.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Agreed. It’s bad enough when managers play to lose or moan about the number of games but when fans start bellyaching before the draw is even made it makes you despair. For me, the cup run in 2008 was probably the high point of 50 years of support.
    Absolutely.
    To see the City in an FA Cup final at Wembley was probably the most important and impossible footballing dream I had as a youngster.

The build up and the majority of the day was thoroughly enjoyable.

Shame about the result and that I never got to see the City at the old stadium but you can’t have everything , especially when it comes to this club.

However, regardless of the lack of enthusiasm for the current competition should we ever get to the point of getting to the final again then I am pretty confident that the desire to attend to latch onto most of us.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Maybe it's me being all old fogeyish, but, as someone who grew up watching City play forty two league games a season, two leg European ties, Welsh Cup (with its two leg Final), League Cup and FA Cup matches as well, this "we play too many games these days" stuff does not wash with me.
    Wasn't part of Kevin De Bruyne post-match interview earlier in the year saying that he had just a week away from football this past summer? It's going to be another short break this summer for the European players before going into next year where there are 3 extra games in September, then a more normal 2 extra in October and November.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And, don't forget, with a much smaller squad of players.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Marine got Spurs at home. Fair play
    Jose Marineo

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    And, don't forget, with a much smaller squad of players.
    The names would roll off the tongue week in week out.