+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are They Missing Bale?

Are They Missing Bale?

Re: Are They Missing Bale?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Are Real Madrid an ageing squad? Anyway, The question you pose is difficult to answer as Bale was frozen out for the best part of a year or so, in which time the injuries have taken their toll on him. He isn't able to do those 40 yard sprints that often and he's lost half a yard, even without injuries he'd be slowing up a bit now.

The crucial bit is this (for me) Bale is able to adapt his game, he has the intelligence to know when and when not to go for a ball, is brilliant at putting himself in positions in the final third where he can create game winning opportunities for others, he has a quick mind and is a much better player than Hazard in every respect. I don't think that Hazard has the belief or winning mentality of Bale.

To answer your question, yes they are missing him, they're missing his intelligence in the final third, his ability not to panic, get drawn in and chase games. He was treated very poorly.

Real Madrid paid in excess of £150mill for Hazard! I had no idea thought he had just finished his contract or something, fair play cracking business from Chelsea that.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Real Madrid paid in excess of £150mill for Hazard! I had no idea thought he had just finished his contract or something, fair play cracking business from Chelsea that.
    I know, look at the recruitments Chelsea had over the summer aswell all from the hazard money. Grey business from them.
    With regards to Bale, he’s been getting better all the time with Spurs and definatley played his part in the recent Wales games.
    He also seems so much happier seeing his off field media. Great for him, Real were shocking in their treatment of him.

When you look at the value for money they have got out of Hazard, it is hard to believe the amount of stick Bale has got over the years in Madrid.

Players get injured, they can't help that but what they can do is keep in shape when they are out and be in good nick when they come back.

Bale always looks in incredible condition, yes he needs match fitness but his commitment to looking after himself is 100%. Every time Hazard comes back he looks like he's carrying extra weight and breaks down pretty quickly again. Wonder if he'll start to get the Bale treatment if this keeps up. I hope not because he's a cracking player to watch on his day.

That £85m look like peanuts now when you consider the 100+ goals, key goals in key games and a cabinet full of trophies.

It all comes in cycles doesn't it.

They have had terrific success over the last decade or so and in the short term they will be rebuilding before they come again.

Bale did great for them overall but it was of course time for him to move on, as it will also be for a few of the Madrid regulars over the next year or so.