Fourth Official : Peter Wright

Re: CARDIFF CITY v HUDDERSFIELD TOWN. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Tuesday December 1st, ko 7:00pm. Live on Sky Red Button

Match Officials:

Referee: KEVIN FRIEND
    Assistants: Simon Beck and Scott Ledger
    We have not lost to Huddersfield in our last 13 attempts, our best run of results against the Terriers in our history, winning 9 and drawing 4. The 4 draws were all 0-0, so every time we've scored against them since August 2011, we've won. Huddersfield have scored 1 goal in their last 5 games against us.

Our worst run against Huddersfield occurred under the management of Jimmy Scoular, drawing 4 and losing 9 in what was surely his bogey side, though we did beat them 4-1 in his last game against Huddersfield as our manager.

We've won 7 out of our last 8 games at home to them and 19 in total, drawing 12 and losing 8 in all competitions.

In 1923/24, Huddersfield pipped Cardiff to the league title on goal average in one of the closest title races of all time. Had goal difference applied, Cardiff would have won it. Had there been 3 points for a win, Huddersfield would have won it by a point. Huddersfield would win 2 more titles in succession and then finish second twice, cementing their position as one of the teams of the 20s. We would finish 11th, 16th and 14th after that season (14th was our cup final season) and would be relegated 2 years after winning the cup. 4 years after winning the cup we were relegated again to Division 3 south and would finish bottom of the league 3 years later in a dreadful collapse. Meanwhile, Huddersfield would finish 2nd in the first division that season.

Cardiff City finishing above Huddersfield in the table has been traditionally a rare event. We managed a run of 11 successive seasons from 1972-83. In 2001/02 we both finished in the playoffs, with an Andy Booth dive resulted in a 2-2 comeback draw that ultimately cost us a second successive automatic promotion. Including that season, we've finished above Huddersfield in 16 out of the last 18 seasons, so the 2000s have been our most successful era against them ever.

Thanks for the stats Eri . We certainly have an amazing record v Huddersfield. Perhaps its retribution for 1926. 😀
    We cant be carried away by Saturday's win, but things do point toward another City win.
    1-0.

I assume the temptation will be to stick with a winning side. I think the only sub who caught the eye was Whyte but I cant see him replace either Wilson or Ojo. I still worry abour our defence which does still look a bit vulnerable, with both cb's not on top form.

1-1 draw

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Thanks for the stats Eri . We certainly have an amazing record v Huddersfield. Perhaps its retribution for 1926. ��
    We cant be carried away by Saturday's win, but things do point toward another City win.
    1-0.

I assume the temptation will be to stick with a winning side. I think the only sub who caught the eye was Whyte but I cant see him replace either Wilson or Ojo. I still worry abour our defence which does still look a bit vulnerable, with both cb's not on top form.
    23/24

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We have not lost to Huddersfield in our last 13 attempts, our best run of results against the Terriers in our history, winning 9 and drawing 4.
    Is that best against any club?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    🤨

We've got two old favourites to face tonite Frazer Cambell who will probably start and Danny Ward who will be ready to score off the bench. My optimism sinking as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    We've got two old favourites to face tonite Frazer Cambell who will probably start and Danny Ward who will be ready to score off the bench. My optimism sinking as we speak.
    Absolutely. Not a betting man but nap of the day one of them scores!

(I like the way you avoided vitriol from the spelling / grammar police by leaving the "i" out altogether in Campbell's Christian name )

2-1 City

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Our best is 16 unbeaten against Halifax. We lost our first ever fixture with them in the FA Cup in 1953. Then followed 16 games unbeaten. Strangely, this run started with 5 draws, so we failed to win any of our opening 6 games against them, but then went on to win 9 of our last 11.

2 -2

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Absolutely. Not a betting man but nap of the day one of them scores!

(I like the way you avoided vitriol from the spelling / grammar police by leaving the "i" out altogether in Campbell's Christian name )

2-1 City

Anyone else struggling to get to CCS by 7pm? This early kick off is a bugger.
    😠

Cardiff City XI: Smithies; Bacuna, Morrison, Nelson, Bennett; Wilson, Vaulks, Ralls, Ojo; Harris Moore.

Subs: Phillips, Bamba, Bagan, Cunningham, Pack, Murphy, Hoilett, Whyte, Glatzel.

Cunningham for Benkovic on the bench?

Tuesday December 1st, ko 7:00pm, Live on Sky Red Button

Match Officials:

Referee: KEVIN FRIEND
    Assistants: Simon Beck and Scott Ledger
    Anyone know why we are kicking off at 7PM?

Five changes by Huddersfield including Danny Ward starting upfront

Sang on loan. Tomlin, Vassell and Osei-Tutu injured. Day is 3rd choice keeper and will never get in a match day squad unless one of the other two is injured. The only other first teamer to miss out is Benkovic. I wonder if he will ever get a look in?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Anyone know why we are kicking off at 7PM?
    so Huddersfield can get home earlier

Huddersfield Town XI: Hamer; Duhaney, Schindler, Sarr, Toffolo; Eiting, Hogg, O'Brien, Daly; Ward, Koroma

Subs: Schofield, Edmonds-Green, Rowe, Brown, Diarra, Vallejo, Diakhaby, Mbenza, Campbell

Is it on the red button?

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Is it on the red button?
    Yes. Sky Sports Football Red Button and Sky Sports App. It's not available on Now TV

Five changes by Huddersfield including Danny Ward starting upfront
    Cut to next scene.......

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Is it on the red button?
    Supposedly it is on the red button. However, the Sky schedule states the match starts at 7.40 but kick off time is at 7PM. Confused!

Ward is bound to score.
    🤒

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Supposedly it is on the red button. However, the Sky schedule states the match starts at 7.40 but kick off time is at 7PM. Confused!
    I think that's the Now...In a Minute Channel for subscribers from the Valleys