+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 0 HUDDERSFIELD TOWN. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 0 HUDDERSFIELD TOWN. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Kieffer Moore looks permanently knackered, even before kick off:
    Played a lot of minute this season for club and country. Kane is looking the same for Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    That commentator on the red button kept calling us Millwall the useless prick.
    Lol.
    I watched it with no commentary, not sure why, but could hear all the shouting of the players and from the line.
    Those officials don't half take some abuse, warranted most of the time mind

Dont quite know where those last two performances came from but hey, we're on a run.
    One or two changes in personnel, attitude and formation, we look and feel like a completely different side.

Long may it continue

Tough run of fixtures now but we go into them with a bit of confidence now

Re: CARDIFF CITY v HUDDERSFIELD TOWN. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Cracking result, really enjoyed listening to David Hughes on iFollow too.

Great performance, Kieffer was unplayable. Both full backs were outstanding tonight as well but you could say that about all of them for the second game running.
    I think we could be even better with Osei-Tutu at right-back and Bacuna alongside Ralls in midfield.

Played a lot of minute this season for club and country. Kane is looking the same for Spurs.
    Made sense to bring him off but I hate a striker on a hat trick getting subbed.

I think we are progressing nicely under Harris, a centre midfielder in January and a backup right back would really help too.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v HUDDERSFIELD TOWN. Match thread

What a steal only £2 mill,he is a proper striker.
    W e look so dangerous when we break out.
    Well done to all the team a very good performance.

Get in. Let’s keep this going now

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Made sense to bring him off but I hate a striker on a hat trick getting subbed.

I think we are progressing nicely under Harris, a centre midfielder in January and a backup right back would really help too.
    I'd like a quick striker. I think another goalscorer alongside Moore (they grow on trees, don't they?) and we'd be cooking on gas. Also, some more legs in the middle, I think while Pack has done well his limitations have been exposed by the legs of Ralls and Vaulks.

We were nailed on for relegation if we didn’t sack Harris by all accounts. ������
    You have to love the Championship. It’s looking incredibly tight this season.

Been more direct , got the ball forward quicker and we’ve scored 7 and conceded none. So much better than the slow slow possession football going nowhere

Well done City. Loads of positives but I was particularly pleased with our defence which looked solid all night.

Looking at the bench (Phillips, Glatzel, Murphy, Cunningham, Whyte, Pack, Bamba, Bagan, Hoilett), I don't think it's strong enough to change the starting XI and I can't agree that we've got a great squad. There are players there who I am very happy for them to play the pre-lockdown Tomlin role, they can be effective for max of 50 minutes and up to manager to chose which period of the game that covers, but this crazy year is going to see us need to dip into our squad and still pick up results which I don't think we'll be able to do, yet.

However, you can see how confident some of the players were looking tonight after two good performances, and we've seen firstly Bagan and then Harris come into start and produce a decent level of performance for careers just starting out, so if Harris can give the same confidence to Glatzel (after his good goal tonight), Murphy and Whyte then we're starting to look much, much better.

What a difference since last week, fair play the reaction from the players and manager has been impressive, really impressive, tough fixtures coming up but confidence must be sky high. So pleased for Glatzel, what a weight off his shoulders and Moore may be turning into a right place, right time goal scorer, two bread and butter goals but you have to have the knack of being there. Very pleased with the last two games, roll on the next one.

There is no need to be upset 😂😂😂
    No, I’m not upset (I didn’t write that)

Just bored to tears.

We were nailed on for relegation if we didn’t sack Harris by all accounts. ������

Anything to do with playing at a quicker tempo without Pack, and getting to the byline I wonder?

StT.
    <><

My only concern is the amount of empty space in the middle of the park. We need a "boss".

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    No, I’m not upset (I didn’t write that)

Just bored to tears.
    Are you for real.

We were nailed on for relegation if we didn’t sack Harris by all accounts. 🤣🤣🤣
    I bet you can't find an example of someone actually saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post

Anything to do with playing at a quicker tempo without Pack, and getting to the byline I wonder?

StT.
    <><
    Pack is such a neat and tidy player who went looking and wanted everything through him, but rarely got it forward in my opinion. Nice player and is very much a part of this team but Harris needs to know when and who against to play him.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I bet you can't find an example of someone actually saying that.
    What odds are you giving?

We were nailed on for relegation if we didn’t sack Harris by all accounts. 🤣🤣🤣
    I think in fairness many were concerned and rightly so, that if in the three games (just played) we didn't pick up at least two wins then we would more than likely be looking down than up and NH could be staring down the barrel.

These last two wins and the manner in which they were secured, even though some may argue that they were less tough opponents, offers hope and some relief for the manager.

The usual suspects will no doubt be quiet for a while but appear once we stutter again but that's par for the course.

Mark Harris for me has made the difference with his movement and chasing, defending from the front.
    His workrate seems to have rubbed off on others and I hope he starts again Saturday, although the games are coming thick and fast so I expect some rotation.

His hand may have been forced but playing Harris was a brave move by the manager and looks like a masterstroke.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post

StT.
    <><
    Someone Tweeted a moment ago that surely
    it is no coincidence that when Pack Your Bags is finally dropped the team scores 7 goals in two games.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I think in fairness many were concerned and rightly so, that if in the three games (just played) we didn't pick up at least two wins then we would more than likely be looking down than up and NH could be staring down the barrel.

These last two wins and the manner in which they were secured, even though some may argue that they were less tough opponents, offers hope and some relief for the manager.

The usual suspects will no doubt be quiet for a while but appear once we stutter again but that's par for the course.

Mark Harris for me has made the difference with his movement and chasing, defending from the front.
    His workrate seems to have rubbed off on others and I hope he starts again Saturday, although the games are coming thick and fast so I expect some rotation.

His hand may have been forced but playing Harris was a brave move by the manager and looks like a masterstroke.
    Excellent post. I've been working this evening so only been able to listen occasionally to Radio Wales. Finally things seem to be clicking.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What odds are you giving?
    Yes come on Eric what odds?