+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Horrendous crash in todays F1

Horrendous crash in todays F1

Romain Grosjean walks away after a first lap crash. Looks like he's gone through the barrier as his car has been torn in two. One lucky guy.

Re: Horrendous crash in todays F1

I'd rather study the intricate history of Sellotape.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    What's stopping you?

I'm busy sharpening all my pencils to the strict standards set by my old art teacher.

I'm busy sharpening all my pencils to the strict standards set by my old art teacher.
    No doubt he'll be proud of you when you rock up for school tomorrow

Just seen it on the news

That crash was as bad as the one which Nikki Lauda was involved in all those years ago, if not worse!
    He was in the burning car for a whole 18 seconds but walked away unscathed.
    I bet it felt like 10 times that and I'd be surprised if he doesn't suffer some sort of trauma.

They are highly paid and watching that today you can see why.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    No doubt he'll be proud of you when you rock up for school tomorrow

Very disturbing to watch. Good news in this FIA statement “ Following medical evaluation by doctors at the Bahrain Defence Force (BDF) Hospital Haas F1 Team driver Romain Grosjean will remain in hospital overnight to be treated for burns sustained on the back of both hands after his opening lap incident at the Bahrain Grand Prix. All X-rays performed on Grosjean came back clear of fractures.

I’ve never seen anything like that in F1 for decades. Horrific crash. Goes to show the safety these days really do make a difference as the crash looked like a missile exploding. Mental.

You could tape it

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    Very disturbing to watch. Good news in this FIA statement “ Following medical evaluation by doctors at the Bahrain Defence Force (BDF) Hospital Haas F1 Team driver Romain Grosjean will remain in hospital overnight to be treated for burns sustained on the back of both hands after his opening lap incident at the Bahrain Grand Prix. All X-rays performed on Grosjean came back clear of fractures.
    He went from 137mph to 0mph in a matter of a few feet, his car splits in half, bursts into flames having embedded him in the barrier......and he walks away with burnt fingers. Christmas come early. Nothing short of miraculous:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/55124967

I feared the worse as I was watching. The TV cameras didn't show any replays (rightly so) until they knew Grosjean was ok.
    Every time I watch it I'm more baffled that he's come out of it with only minor injuries. Could have been a lot worse. The halo device has saved his life I'd say.

His contract with Haas comes to an end at the end of this season (13th Dec) so there's only two races left. He hasn't got a seat for next season so I think we've seen the last of him in a Formula one car and maybe any race car for that matter.