+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gareth Bale, wtf is going on?

Gareth Bale, wtf is going on?

76 minutes gone and still on the bench and Spurs need some spark for sure.

Has he p1ssed off the boss?

A very expensive way of keeping the bench warm.

Re: Gareth Bale, wtf is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    76 minutes gone and still on the bench and Spurs need some spark for sure.

Has he p1ssed off the boss?

A very expensive way of keeping the bench warm.
    A point against Chelsea at SB will be enough for Jose.

Can’t see him playing much from the start this season, as you say it’s a strange move from Spurs considering what they are paying him

I wonder if he’s on his way back to Cardiff straight after the game? No training tomorrow no doubt after today’s game. I’d imagine he’s more content in his private life whether playing or not.

He played Thursday. Could have come off the bench but I think spurs were happy with the point.

Seems at the moment he's more of a europa league starter and on the bench at the weekend. Still playing more than he would have at real but I'm sure he would like to be more involved in the league at some point.

I've noticed lately when a games tight he doesn't bring on Bale, maybe doesn't trust him.

Must be nice as a club to have so much wealth to have such a high earner on the bench unused ,

Tottenham*chairman Daniel Levy said "people need to wake up to the enormity" of the coronavirus pandemic as the club announced 550 non-playing*staff*will take a 20% pay*cut.

Purely tactical, Jose was happy with the point, he brought on Ben davies for the winger and went 5 at the back.
    Bale started on thursday, and looked good.

I think until he makes a couple of big displays either off the bench or in cup games he isn't going to displace their front 3 which seems to have a winning combination.

Does seem strange to pay so much for someone who isn't playing though

He’s not up to peak fitness yet. Son and Kane are better / nailed on starters at the moment and then that last spot of the front three is out of Bale, Moura and Bergwein, who’s currently getting the nod in the league. If Bale can get 100% match sharpness i expect him to get the nod over Bergwein.

Bergwein just dosn’t offer anything, he was awful for Spurs today, bad passes, greedy. Bale will be part of the front 3 by Christmas.

another bench warming exercise today which is a real shame. an exciting player not getting match time. something odd going on here now because this seems to be the norm. can they sub-loan a loaned player in which case can we have him?

another bench warming exercise today which is a real shame. an exciting player not getting match time. something odd going on here now because this seems to be the norm. can they sub-loan a loaned player in which case can we have him?
    He’s playing on Thursdays in the europa league and not exactly turning up any trees. Spurs are top of the league with the best strike partnership theyve had for years, I think Jose knows what he’s doing.

Yes as Wales fans we obviously want him to have more game time but who can possibly argue with Jose’s team selection at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He’s playing on Thursdays in the europa league and not exactly turning up any trees. Spurs are top of the league with the best strike partnership theyve had for years, I think Jose knows what he’s doing.

Yes as Wales fans we obviously want him to have more game time but who can possibly argue with Jose’s team selection at the moment?
    ^^^this plus JM's teams are grafters too.
    I cant see Gareth working like a dog yet, if at all.
    I think he will play an important role for Spurs this season but he will have to show Mourinho in training that he is ready to play in his team.

I have to say that Mourinho isn't my favourite manager, far too cagey IMHO, but 7 points from 9 against Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City, this seems like his big chance to get spurs their first title in 60 years.

He's probably got a small niggling injury.

Son and Kane are better than Bale. In fact, they might be the best in the league. Bale will get game time but it is a Mourinho team. If/when Kane gets injured, I think Bale will be his replacement.

I wouldn't make any changes to that spurs team if I was Jose unless forced. They've completely bought into his ideology in a way Man United players never did and it's making them really hard to beat.

Kane and Son have to be 2 of the best in the world at the moment too, I've always rated both of them but Son is playing way above the level I thought he was at.

I've always thought Kane was world class though, just can't argue with his goal scoring record but he's much better on the ball the a lot give him credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I wouldn't make any changes to that spurs team if I was Jose unless forced. They've completely bought into his ideology in a way Man United players never did and it's making them really hard to beat.

Kane and Son have to be 2 of the best in the world at the moment too, I've always rated both of them but Son is playing way above the level I thought he was at.

I've always thought Kane was world class though, just can't argue with his goal scoring record but he's much better on the ball the a lot give him credit for.
    He's on course to beat KDB's assists record at the moment, which is insane

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He’s playing on Thursdays in the europa league and not exactly turning up any trees.
    How does one turn up a tree? Asking for a friend.

I imagine we’ll see him more if Spurs are trailing late in games but until then there is no need for him in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    How does one turn up a tree? Asking for a friend.
    Marc Bolan did.......or was it Gloria Jones????