+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pubs

Re: Pubs

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Maybe just book in a breakfast catch up.....
    In one of those poorly-ventilated premises that become even more dangerous after 6pm? Are you crazy?!?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    In one of those poorly-ventilated premises that become even more dangerous after 6pm? Are you crazy?!?
    In fairness I think people do become less cautious after having a few drinks.

What's the other option shut everything? It isn't ideal but I don't envy the people who have to come up with the ways of balancing what is an acceptable level of risk/

Firstly, that article was from the first week of October. Secondly, the data sample was very small. Thirdly, I think the truth is the 'experts' and the politicians don't know for sure how or where the virus is transmitting, hence the slapdash and ever-changing approach to the restrictions and the failure to bring the virus properly under control.
    Sorry missed this. I think they're pretty sure how it does spread now and it's mostly in poorly ventillated areas.

I agree the slapdash and ever changing approach isn't great but unless there is a track and trace system that works it has to be balanced somehow. It's a shame pubs have to close but there are other options.

I take the kids over to the Bevan on gabalfa interchange, it’s big enough to cope with all our germs.....you can even sneak a can of strongbow in and neck it in the bogs, or just add a shot of rum to your coke

I take the kids over to the Bevan on gabalfa interchange, it’s big enough to cope with all our germs.....you can even sneak a can of strongbow in and neck it in the bogs, or just add a shot of rum to your coke
    Fair play goats, thinking outside the box!

Brains furloughing staff and Gove tells WAG where it went wrong - he's got a point I think in this instance;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55144857

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Brains furloughing staff and Gove tells WAG where it went wrong - he's got a point I think in this instance;-

Yes reckon a lot of pubs in Cardiff will now shut, the wife’s booking at the three arches for her birthday on a Saturday lunchtime has just been cancelled by them she says.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Fair play goats, thinking outside the box!
    Not that I’d be doing that I might add, but no doubt some will.....

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I agree. It seems like we came out way to early, shops were packed in the days following the lifting of restrictions. From one extreme to the other, and the Welsh government need to be held accountable for that. The one thing that I don't understand us this; wouldn't the same thing happen no matter how long the lockdown is? As soon as people are allowed to go about their business, then they will. Going by that theory, wouldn't this have happened a couple of weeks later than now? If someone wants to correct me in that then crack on, the only way to stop a rise in cases would be a permanent lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I agree. It seems like we came out way to early, shops were packed in the days following the lifting of restrictions. From one extreme to the other, and the Welsh government need to be held accountable for that. The one thing that I don't understand us this; wouldn't the same thing happen no matter how long the lockdown is? As soon as people are allowed to go about their business, then they will. Going by that theory, wouldn't this have happened a couple of weeks later than now? If someone wants to correct me in that then crack on, the only way to stop a rise in cases would be a permanent lockdown.
    Its easy to say that, When Wales went into lock down the UK governments position was that there was no need for a lock down at all and the Welsh government was being hasty. The Welsh Government were under pressure to promise that lock down would end on the date promised and there would be no further restrictions.

By the time we hit the date the UK government changed track and went into lock down. Wales have moved from having a lock down that was not needed at all, to one that was now suddenly too short.

The position is always changing for both governments and the position from both sides to claim the other is doing wrong will always look foolish in hindsight

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Its easy to say that, When Wales went into lock down the UK governments position was that there was no need for a lock down at all and the Welsh government was being hasty. The Welsh Government were under pressure to promise that lock down would end on the date promised and there would be no further restrictions.

By the time we hit the date the UK government changed track and went into lock down. Wales have moved from having a lock down that was not needed at all, to one that was now suddenly too short.

The position is always changing for both governments and the position from both sides to claim the other is doing wrong will always look foolish in hindsight
    I just don't understand why the devolved governments can't just decide on a single strategy. It seems crazy to me, it's like all 4 of them want to show how independent they are and this is ****ing everything up.

Boris and co saying they weren't going to extend the furlough as no lockdown was needed completely ****ed Wales really. The Welsh government should really have extended the lockdown to have lined up with England but it would have got them crucified.

Genius

I didn't read it all but what i can gather is the Lone Gunman can't get his hole so he's pissed off. You don't see Sludge moaning!

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Not really relevant but this is not true- 43% is not a majority.

Nobody can relly say with any certainty whether "most" people are sticking to the rules or not, but I strongly suspect that most people are. Yes there are idiots who don't believe in science and/or are just dickheads, but I think they get disproportionate attention.
    Unfortunately, it's a majority of people who bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Unfortunately, it's a majority of people who bothered.
    No, it isn't. The Tories got 43% of total votes. FPTP means they have a commanding majority in the commons but less than half of those who cast a vote, picked them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    You could have added intelligence, ability to invoke a flexible/intuitive response, able to assimilate posts of others (yours above would be unintellible, I guess), nous, common sense and joie de vivre.
    I've given some thought to your 'unintellible' contribution and I reckon you may be onto something. Perhaps under the current circumstances I should stop concerning myself with the validity or otherwise of the restrictions that are being imposed upon us, and instead attempt to live my life vicariously.

Maybe I could spend my time writing reams of rambling rubbish about other people's families. Then perhaps I could massage my enormous ego and display my superior intellect by playing petty mind games with them over my prices.

These are strange times indeed. Adaptation is the key.

Maybe I could spend my time writing reams of rambling rubbish about other people's families.
    Hope the gent who wrote this, doesn't mind me quoting from his e-mail sent to me last night:

"That is truly spectacular ! As I said I’ve been looking for what must be 12 -15yrs for xxx's parents. You have done an incredible piece of detective work – way beyond anything I would have got to within even a fraction of. I’m going to print your email off, then access all the reference points you have highlighted – plus those others you have suggested – and sit down and lay it all out on a large table !
    Please accept my sincere gratitude for your work and expertise – I can now hopefully continue where your excellent work has taken me."

Rambling rubbish, huh?
    You've made yourself appear foolish, in my eye anyway.

Rambling rubbish, huh?
    You're clearly an amazing man. Your genius knows no bounds. It's seemingly matched only by your ego.

You're clearly an amazing man. Your genius knows no bounds. It's seemingly matched only by your ego.
    It's for those posters who have met me to comment on this - not WUMs

It's for those posters who have met me to comment on this - not WUMs
    Given that's your stance, it's odd that you apparently feel entirely comfortable commenting about me on a personal basis without ever having met me. But I'm guessing your ego allows you to do so.

East now, no ones fallen out on this thread and it’s five pages long, it could be a record.
    Anyway, vaccine rolling out next week, Kim jong Drakeford set to announce pubs opening back up too......

East now, no ones fallen out on this thread and it’s five pages long, it could be a record.
    Anyway, vaccine rolling out next week, Kim jong Drakeford set to announce pubs opening back up too......
    Pissed myself at that!!

Where have you heard pubs reopening bud?

You mean Gates’ micro chip implants? So he can beam us to a new planet he’s been building
    that sounds cool as ****, where do I sign up

https://twitter.com/simonrug/status/1333854559417085959

Little personal plea from me. If you buying in drink for Christmas, order it from local independent Welsh breweries or from your neighbourhood pub if that is possible to support them during these challenging times.
    A list of twitter handles (links to twitter pages with names of locals - you don't have to have twitter account to view) to be found within this link underneath the first post for those not knowing where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Pissed myself at that!!

Where have you heard pubs reopening bud?
    I was joking about the pubs mate, he’d probably keep them closed even when we are all vaccinated