Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
There are grants available, whether or not they're enough to cover staff and other costs isn't something i know. The other issue is bosses who are using this pandemic as an excuse to bail out, reduce staff (many of whom are on zero hour contracts and minimum wage) Because they're not making enough for the shareholders -see Toby carvery-Harvester-Like they have no responsibility towards their staff, and that twat who runs Wetherspoons, ****ing about with workers conditions etc, while taking taxpayers cash. I do feel for the independents, sole traders etc. I just hope that these grants can keep them afloat and that when this shit is over that there is a boom in hospitality so that they can claw back whatever is lost.
It's not just about grants for owners, it is also about people who work all week and only get the weekend to pop to the pub and relax and have a few beers in a covid-controlled atmosphere. Instead people will give more profits to supermarkets and lash it up in each others houses and nothing will change.

Hasn't anyone noticed that once again the closure isn't for 2 weeks but 17 days. That is deliberately measured to take in 3 weekends when most restaurants and pubs do their business. It doesn't affect any other businesses in the same way so the 3 weekend scam can only be targeting one part of the economy.